Display Optical Engineer - Image Quality
Posted on: June 2, 2021
At Facebook Reality
Labs AR/VR Hardware, we are developing the future of Portal,
virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) products. As a
Display Optical Engineer, you will be a member of our Display and
Optics organization, taking a lead in the display optical design to
enable cutting edge visual experience. You will set the technical
goals, innovate on the front-of-screen quality enhancement
technologies, be the point of contact and interface to the product
development team, and work with the current and evolving ecosystem
to provide differentiating capabilities to our HW platforms. You
will be part of a tight-knit group of highly talented engineers at
the forefront of innovation for our Portal and VR products.
- Lead the display optical development and module design to
enable the cutting edge front of screen visual experience.
- Define display optical specifications, test plan and
- Provide display image quality enhancement solutions, define
evaluation matrix, and innovate in the areas of visual perception
and color calibration/management.
- Proactively interface with product cross-functional teams, such
as EE, ME, SW and system team, to drive decisions for best
- Identify risks, track and resolve issues through various phases
- Design and integrate new display technologies into products
from the prototype phase to mass production.
- Ability to travel up to 25% internationally.
- Master’s degree in Physics, Optics, Color Science, Vision
Science or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in display module optical design, with
LCD/AMOLED or other display technologies.
- Knowledge of display metrology, photometry, and
- Experience with system integration, test, debugging and
- Experience performing and designing DOE, data analysis, root
cause investigation, FACA, and quality control.
- Hands-on experience in problem solving, bringing concept to
prototyping or production.
- Experience in working with display vendors, ODMs and CMs, as
well as JDM development.
- Experience in display optical performance related fields such
as color science, display module design.
- Experience with optical simulation models with tools such as
Lightools, ZEMAX, Tracepro.
- Experience of color calibration process and imaging pipeline
- Proficiency in MATLAB or other programming/simulation
- Understanding of human vision system.
- Project management, communication skills and people
Facebook's mission is to
give people the power to build community and bring the world closer
together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a
different kind of company that connects billions of people around
the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and
helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new
products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at
Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly
iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people
around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways.
Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're
just getting started.
Facebook is proud to
be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected
veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other
applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with
applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for
candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need
any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at email@example.com.
Keywords: Facebook, Redmond , Display Optical Engineer - Image Quality, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!