Software Engineering Manager
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Posted on: June 3, 2021
Across the globe, a diverse group of talented people obsess over
the details building incredible devices and services. They come
together to form Experiences + Devices, or simply E+D. Our job in
E+D is to build the very best apps, services, and devices for
customers to empower them to do their best work. No matter what
that work looks like and where it happens - at home, at school, at
their place of work, which could be a boardroom or a storeroom, and
of course on the go. While you may not have heard of E+D you have
certainly heard of the products we work on, some of the most
storied and successful brands in technology - Windows, Office,
Microsoft 365, and Surface, and there is much more besides, from
cutting edge security compliance, identity, and management
technology to today's indispensable tool - Microsoft Teams. The
work of E+D has never been more important, and each person
contributes to the success and functioning of the larger
organization and mission - the outcome of our work empowers others
to achieve more.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related
STEM field or equivalent industry experience
- At least 10 years of industry experience in software
engineering; full-stack, front-end, or back-end industry software
- At least 5 years of experience in people management and
leadership experiences, including experience building, growing,
mentoring and managing engineering teams and technical
- Advanced architecture and distributed system development
- Dedicated to providing great developer experiences, driving
simplicity through the dev pipeline.
- Passion for building highly available distributed systems at
scale and experiences that users love.
- A strong desire to collaborate and work as a team, both within
and across groups
- A proven ability to be self-driven and deal with ambiguous
- Growth mindsetwitha desire to learn,a tendency to embrace
challenges, persist in the face of setback, see failures as
essential to mastery, learn from criticism and find lessons and
inspiration in the success of others.
- Leads creation of diverse and inclusive culture where everyone
can bring their full and authentic self, where all voices are
- Ability to articulate in expressing ideas
- Ability to synthesize information from various sourcesand
summarize it forothers.
- A sense of personal ownershipand accountabilityis required,
together with the ability to deliver to deadlines while managing
internal stakeholder expectations.
- Dedicated drive
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
By applying to this position, you are being considered for
multiple like positions within the Experiences + Devices (E+D)
As a technical leader of our team, you will lead and contribute
to the work of a talented group that values diverse ideas,
perspectives, and backgrounds. Key skills include:
- Collaboration and Communication: Be a great partner and
communicator to foster great relationships with partners across the
business, customers and other stakeholders.
- Team Leadership Skills: Act as an active and dedicated coach,
model our company values for the team, while creating an inclusive,
fun and supportive environment where every employee can be and do
- Strategic Leadership and Judgement: Work with the leadership
team to define the success metrics and drive strategy initiatives
and provide thought leadership.
- Planning and Execution: Dig into technical details while
managing the bigger picture of product delivery. Drive an
engineering rhythm so that the team operates at a high level,
knowledge is shared appropriately, and smooth execution is
- Microsoft Values and Culture Leadership: Be a keen
representative of the Microsoft cultural attributes and leadership
principles and have a positive impact on team morale and work
On a day-to-day basis:
- Hire, develop and retain the talent within your
- Support team members in their daily work
- Make architectural and technology decisions
- Work closely with Program Management to help define the product
vision and strategy.
- Inspire and drive engineering and operational excellence across
- Act as an advocate for our customers and ensure they are
succeeding with our software and services
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Redmond , Software Engineering Manager, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!