Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 3, 2021
Come help us change the world on Project Kuiper! We are looking
for a Network Engineer, who is hands-on, skilled in leading network
security and availability for partner teams across several internal
groups and geographic regions. The successful candidate is familiar
with networking architecture design and will be an innovative
leader, who is passionate about providing the best possible
customer experience while maintaining a high security bar. Setting
high standards and relentlessly driving them until we meet and
exceed our teams' expectations is essential for this position.
A day in the life
In this role you are the end-to-end owner of Project Kuiper's
facility network infrastructure, inclusive of the manufacturing and
lab environments. You design and manage network security frameworks
to support both environments. You own the greenfield network
implementation of Project Kuiper's manufacturing environment,
inclusive of AWS integration. You own Information security and
network reliability and they are at the core of your thought
About the hiring group
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low
Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed
broadband network connectivity to unserved and underserved
communities around the world.
- Design and manage lab network security framework including
remote access, local firewalls, Access Control Lists, VLANs, and
monitoring and alarming for anomalies.
- Build tooling to audit and monitoring device behavior.
- Design and build network automation and auto remediation.
- Build network governance model including approved use policies
and maintain compliance with corporate information standards.
- Partnering with internal teams, gathering requirements, and
build solutions to support new manufacturing equipment integration
with Kuiper LAN.
- Work across Kuiper and greater Amazon organizations to deploy
and integrate networking infrastructure.
- Monitor and forecast bandwidth usage and escalate against
- Integrate infrastructure with AWS Direct Connect services.
- Create and maintain documentation, configuration, drawings and
standard operating procedures.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations,
candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent
resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted
into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in IP networking and application of IP
- 5+ years of experience in large internet network traffic
- Transit and Peering provider knowledge including certain unique
- Expertise with major router technologies; specifically, a deep
technical understanding of all internal hardware components and
experience with router system design.
- Background with high availability, high performance compute,
large-scale networks and network design and architecture is highly
- Automation skills,Unix/Linux skills and the ability to code in
any of Python, Perl, shell, C or C++ is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience automating and managing networks
(automated provisioning, remote configuration, traffic control,
software defined networks etc.)
- Experience in statistical analysis and data analytics.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Redmond , Network Engineer, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!