Studio Alpha is Microsoft's Serious Gaming initiative. We
empower organizations to solve complex, planet-scale, massive data
problems using game-based technologies in the cloud.
Through robust integration of geospatial data, distributed
simulation and 3d visualization, we empower developers to extend
the capablities for specific use cases, including data and
programmatic extensibility, artificial intelligence services and
easy to extend application framework.
Be part of a new business stand-up and help us expand our
strategic global industries with thought leadership in key
technologies such as distributed simulation, geospatial data
management, and cloud-based telemetry. Take the lead to shape our
advanced projects and push the art-of-the-possible with Azure.
Microsoft's mission empowers every person and organization on the
planet to achieve their potential, and we strive to make Azure the
go-to cloud for every industry and customer.
We are looking for a motivated, positive and high energy PM to
drive the productization strategy and long range plan for Studio
Alpha. This exciting opportunity requires a candidate with
- Understanding customer value proposition and teasing out
- Building a business model that includes SKU / value prop
tiering, pricing, and channel partnerships
- Competitive and market landscape analyses
- Building, executing on, and updating Long Range Plans
If you are passionate about new market expansion and being part
of the ground floor in an exciting new startup business, and meet
the minimum qualificiations, we look forward to hearing from you.
Don't delay - we like to move fast!
- 10+ years of Program Management experience
- 2+ years of Product Planning experience, with successful launch
of at least one product
- BS in Computer Science, engineering or related discipline
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams in disparate
organizations across the world
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) or equivelant
- Market expertise in commercial Modeling and Simulation and/or
- Experience with early startup business model development and
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security
screening requirements are required for this role. These
requirements include but are not limited to the following
specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud
background check upon hire/transfer and every two years
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Monitor competitive activites within our market, and provide
competitive differentiation and potential partnering opportunity
input to program management during the product-planning
- Understand industry and technology trends with ability to
creatively communicate product value proposition.
- Partner with cross-disciplinary teams to incorporate the
Planning perspective into the Vision or Strategy Memos and
- Define product/service areas to which customers form an
emotional connection by appealing to their sense of beauty, style,
and engagement as well as their functional needs.
- Frame and facilitate the planning process. Translate
organizational objectives into operational business
- Generate monetization strategy and revenue model that
demonstrates an understanding of revenue mix, competitors'
position, and market opportunity.
- Find opportunities for collaboration across groups, ensure that
cross-team commitments are set, and ensure that the right people
with the right knowledge and expertise are involved in
- Have a sense of pride and personal accountability for
end-to-end quality, completeness, and resulting user experience for
the life of the product/service.
- 0-50% travel can be expected in this role, though travel is not
required near-term during COVID related restrictions