Company: Microsoft Corporation
Posted on: June 6, 2021
What Joining the Microsoft Team Means
Microsoft is a company where passionate innovators come to
collaborate, envision what can be, and take their careers to levels
they can't achieve anywhere else. This is a world of more
possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and sky's-the-limit
thinking -- a cloud-enabled world.
Microsoft also has a longstanding commitment to global corporate
philanthropy. Since 2016, we have donated more than $2.5 billion in
cash grants, software, hardware, and cloud technology to hundreds
of thousands of nonprofits and helped 90,000 moves to the cloud. In
September 2017 we launched Tech for Social Impact (TSI) powered by
a sustainable social model where profits are reinvested in
expanding support for nonprofits. The TSI team is dedicated to
making world-class cloud technology accessible and affordable, so
that nonprofits can have an even greater impact.
To scale our impact across the nonprofit community the company
is investing in the TSI Group. This organization will bring
together our donation and grant programs, commercial sales efforts,
and a partner ecosystem to empower nonprofits globally to address
the world's most pressing needs. This will include leading the
"Digital Transformation for Social Impact" go-to-market, working
with nonprofits to maximize their social impact through the power
of Microsoft platforms. Profits generated from this business will
be reapplied to scale operations and to support cash donations to
high impact social projects. Fueling all this new work and
investment is the aim of empowering every nonprofit to do their
best work to create an inclusive and enduring positive impact
throughout our communities.
This role will be managing a team of Azure specialists around
- Possess both business acumen expertise and technology knowledge
to connect how customer business issues impact their IT
- Azure Admin Associate or Architect
Deep Understanding of:
- Azure solutionsand how they translate into business impact
- The enterprise customer needs of global customers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft's commercial cloud offerings -
- Competitors and related ecosystemsuch as AWS, GCP,etc.
- The business value selling methodologies, practices and
technologies that drive sales prospecting and sales management in
complex solution selling environments.
- Excels at developing strong relationships and leadership
connections to understand customer needs.
- Adept at challenging perspectives with new ideas that reframes
thinking about deriving value from Microsoft solutions.
- Verystrong presentation, white boarding, and communication
- Strong negotiating skills
- Master's degreepreferred
- Certification in sales, sales management, complex sales
training, sales methodologies, broad evangelism through events
(presentation skills), and consultative sellingpreferred.
- Additional training or education in Enterprise
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The Impact You'll Be Making
The Azure Specialist Manager is a senior leader within our
enterprise sales organization. The Azure Specialist Manager leads,
develops and manages a team of high performing Azure Specialists
who may each focus on specific technology domains: Infrastructure,
Data and AI, Application Development or the broad Azure Platform.
The Azure Specialist Manager will focus the team to proactively
engage with business and technical decision makers, identify
business opportunities which leverage the power of Azure, and move
through the sales process to the solution definition phase (MVP -
minimum viable product) when the Customer Engineer will engage from
the technical proof stage to a production go-live date. The Azure
Specialist Manger will coach their team to generate solution
revenue, Azure consumption revenue and increase market share by
successfully identifying customer opportunities and developing them
intosolutions built using Microsoft Azure, Azure Data Services,
Azure App Services and other related products and technologies.
The Azure SpecialistManager is responsible for:
- Lead sellers to drivethe Azure business to overachieverevenue,
consumption, and scorecardtargets
- Develops their seller's Solution Sales and technical skillsto
sell thebusiness outcomes of thebroader Azure platform
- Ensures orchestration among sales team and otherteams engaging
in the customer (e.g. partners, services, Customer Success,
engineering support, etc.)
- Maintains the pipeline and the forecast to required operational
- Drives new business opportunities to achieve targets
contributing positively to relevant subsidiary scorecard
- Even higher levels of operational excellence. Ensureappropriate
4 quarter qualified pipeline in place by workload/solution.
- Develops a high-performing team by hiring diverse talent,
prioritizing development, leading by example and by preparing
people for more senior positions in other parts of the
- Coaches Seller's with a "challenger mentality" by prompting
Seller's to engage early and lead with new insights on how to grow
the customers' business.
- Successful teams and team members are recognized and rewarded,
both within the sales organization and at Corporate levels.
- Customer centricity:
- Lead from the front, personally engaging atCxOlevel to support
and coach teams on opportunity discovery and acceleration
- Lead sellers to drive end-to-end business solutions, increasing
customer and partner satisfaction and average deal sizes YoY.
- Lead cross-team to ensure customer intent to consume cloud
- Partner Engagement:
- Bring together Microsoft solutions with Partner solutions,
fully leverage the synergy effect with our partners, and co-sell
with them to make deals bigger and faster.
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Redmond , Azure SpecialistManager, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!