Service Engineer II CTJ
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Posted on: June 6, 2021
M365 is the world's leading productivity service, entrusted by
hundreds of millions of users and customers worldwide, and is the
largest revenue generator for Microsoft. A part of what makes this
service successful is high service availability, while ensuring our
customers are delighted with the service. At the core of it, this
is what we are passionate about - delivering a highly available
service with high customer satisfaction.
The Service Engineering role specializes in troubleshooting and
finding ways to minimize impact detection and service downtime. You
will be working across the full suite of M365 service offerings to
ensure stability and reliability. We expect that you will master a
wide variety of the latest technologies and tools quickly. This
role will require the candidate to work a 4x10 shift schedule to
cover a 24x7x365 (First, Second, Third shift roles) rotation with
the rest of the group.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related field) or 2+
years of equivalent work experience in relationship to systems
development, systems engineering, network operations, software
support and/or I.T. consulting.
- Demonstrated success in dealing with ambiguity and problem
definition under continual deadline constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate technical
details with varying levels of management and peer groups.
- Strong fundamentals on TCP/IP concepts, and expertise in
analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top
Secret Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information
(SCI) based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with
Polygraph. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government
security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure
to maintain or obtain the appropriate U.S. Government clearance
and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment
action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful
verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal
government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide
clearance verification information prior to an offer of
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Candidates demonstrate that they have a deep understanding of
the technical concepts relevant to technologies like Exchange,
SharePoint, Teams, or Azure.
- Familiarity and demonstrated experience with SaaS and Software
- Experience with network tracing and troubleshooting (i.e.
Wireshark and Netmon)
- Proven experience with troubleshooting authentication and
- Respond to and resolve emergent service problems and build
automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies
to analyze problems and develop solutions
- Highly effective communication and collaboration across
- Demonstrated expertise in Windows architecture
- Solid understanding and proven experience with tools such as
Process Monitor, Performance Monitor, Event Viewer, and other
server monitoring tools to troubleshoot server software as well as
- Closely collaborate with partner teams when engineering &
business dependencies exist.
- Proficiency with one or more general purpose programming
languages and/or scripting languages - C++, C#, Java, PowerShell,
- Learn, understand, and apply data classification management
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot and root cause issues across M365 service
offerings and components to ensure SLAs are met.
- Measure, calculate, and improve service performance by driving
scalable solutions back into the service
- Ensure that the proper data collection is being enforced across
all environments to maintain consistency for determining potential
bottlenecks for each offering.
- Work with partner team to help identify bottlenecks and
implement proactive mitigation efforts to improve operational
efficiency of all servers.
- Coordinate resources from both within and outside core group as
needed to resolve service impacting issues.
- Hold all operational teams accountable for accurate details in
all customer facing outage scenarios.
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Redmond , Service Engineer II CTJ, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!