System Integration Engineer (Starlink)
Company: Space Exploration Technologies
Posted on: June 7, 2021
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity
is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one
where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the
technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of
enabling human life on Mars.
SYSTEM INTEGRATION ENGINEER (STARLINK)
One of the most ambitious missions that SpaceX has undertaken to
date, the Starlink satellite constellation is our solution to
providing reliable internet to the entire world. We are now looking
for a system integration engineer, who will be responsible for
network and software solutions deployment, integration and tests.
You will also collaborate with the team to execute product &
network configuration, integration and migration work, both in our
staging environment in Redmond, WA but also in different locations
across the globe. You will be part of a team with significant
impact on the service delivered to our customers around the
- Rack, stack, and cable greenfield Points of Presence.
- Generate network element configuration and localize existing
low-level configuration documents based on site specificities.
- Load and validate network configuration.
- Perform software upgrades of network elements as needed.
- Update external systems, including tools, monitoring, etc.
- Execute functional tests to verify software and hardware.
- Investigate issues, report errors and validate fixes.
- Perform network troubleshooting on related issues and provide
support for field technicians (Smart Hands).
- 3+ years of experience in implementing and integrating IP/MPLS
- Experience with TCP/IP technologies and related protocols.
- Experience with IP technologies, Data Communication, LAN, WAN,
MPLS, or VPN services.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors in an engineering discipline, telecom, networking or
- Experience working with Arista or Nokia hardware.
- IP Certification (NRS1-NRS2, CCNA-CCNP, etc.)
- Multi-vendor interoperability experience.
- Knowledge of server hardware, architecture, and
- Knowledge of a foreign language.
- Must be willing to do some travel (30-50%) domestically and
globally in the future when needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export
regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent
resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.
1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from
the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX
is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications
and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion,
gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability
status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
mental or physical disability or any other legally protected
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action
Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants
requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview
process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310)
Keywords: Space Exploration Technologies, Redmond , System Integration Engineer (Starlink), Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!