Sr. Cloud Engineer - Monitoring
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting
products in Microsoft, passionate about exceeding customer
expectations and advancing Microsoft's cloud first strategy? Are
you interested in a start-up like environment, passionate about
cloud computing technology and driving growth in one of Microsoft's
core businesses? Azure Customer Experience (CXP) team is searching
for a customer obsessed engineer (with Monitoring experience) that
can drive engineering excellence, embody our culture of
inclusiveness, growth-mindset, and unwavering dedication to
diversity and help manage service life-cycle operations in
We are a fast-paced agile team in a start-up like culture. Our
"no dead-ends" , "whatever it takes" , philosophy ensures that
every customer can realize their full potential through the
Microsoft Cloud. "Customer First", Automation, Data Driven,
Collaboration and Troubleshooting are few characteristics of our
team. We are growing fast but remain agile. You will work with
teams across Microsoft and external customers. In this role, you'll
have the opportunity to enable a broad spectrum of monitoring
scenarios, other life-cycle operations to manage mission critical
production environments in Azure
- 5+ years of DevOps/Monitoring experience in Cloud
- Bachelor or master's degree in Computer Engineering or similar
- Experience in Microsoft Azure Platform (Compute, Storage,
Networking, etc) or (Equivalent clouds like AWS, GCP, etc)
- Managing/Operating/Troubleshooting experience in Azure using
Azure Management Technologies (SCOM, Azure Monitor, Monitoring
Agents, Kusto Query Language, ARM template, Azure Policies, IaC and
- Experience in Monitoring related technologies like Azure
Monitor, Log , Resource Graph, Azure Alerts, Network Watcher,
Grafana, Ambari, Prometheus, Datadog, Confluent, etc
- Experience in deploying, configuring, and operating enterprise
- Troubleshooting, Identifying, analyzing, and resolving
infrastructure vulnerabilities and internal applications issues
within large Environments.
- Experience in communicating to a variety of stakeholders
including large enterprise customers, executive management, and
- Knowledge and implementation of High Availability, Disaster
Recovery, Business Continuity, Performance Tuning best
- Strong leadership with proven track record of DevOps including
customer focus and business /strategic acumen.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, an ability to use various
data signals and telemetry, tools, and methodologies to improve
monitoring capabilities and develop solutions.
- Ability to distill, prioritize and act on feedback from stake
holders to improve monitoring capabilities.
- Motivated to learn new monitoring technologies, preview
features and implementation as needed.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security
screening requirements are required for this role. These
requirements include but are not limited to the following
specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud
background check upon hire/transfer and every two years
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you
- Analyze technical architecture of customer workloads,
applications to understand dependencies, points of failure,
impacts, external & internal interfaces, to produce end-end
monitoring solution to detect issues proactively.
- Develop, maintain Monitoring processes, tools and ensure
monitoring principles, processes, tools are established and adhered
- Discover new Azure Monitoring improvements (internal, external)
and our Monitoring Solutions, tools and incorporate the same in
existing customer engagements to improve the customer
- Write Infrastructure as Code (IaC, CI/CD pipelines, ARM
templates, Azure policies, Scripts/Runbooks/Webhooks/Tools) to
monitor mission critical workloads, applications in Azure
- Provide design inputs, specifications, requirements to
influence and advance Azure platform monitoring capabilities based
on customer engagement experience.
- Identify, implement solutions for customer's challenges in
Cloud to drive satisfaction, Azure consumption. Act as an
engineering SPOC for assigned customers.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot Azure related issues escalated by
service desk teams or routed via incident management in a 24x7
Customer Reliability Engineering (CRE) environment.
- Participate in monthly/quarterly business review meetings with
customers and prepare reports, presentations.
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Redmond , Sr. Cloud Engineer - Monitoring, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!