Director - Microsoft 365 Narrative & Storytelling
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Director, Microsoft 365 Narrative & Storytelling
The shift to remote and hybrid work during the global pandemic
is completely transforming how we work - today and for the next
decade. Microsoft 365 is powering this transformation for every
member of the digital workforce with a secure, integrated
experience designed for the new world of work.
We're looking for a Director, Microsoft 365 Narrative &
Storytelling to lead Microsoft 365 messaging and positioning and
help customers understand our differentiated value through
compelling communications, web content, campaigns, events, and
This role requires proven storytelling expertise, strategic
thinking, business acumen, a passion for our customers, and
outstanding leadership and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Research has shown that diverse teams produce the best outcomes,
and in M365 product marketing, we take that learning to heart. We
welcome diversity in all its forms and work every day to create an
- A passion for technology and the ability to translate complex
ideas into simple, clear prose.
- Proven experience writing product messaging and positioning
frameworks and developing differentiated value propositions.
- Successful track record of delivering clear, compelling written
communications and creating engaging content that breaks through
with customers and achieves business results.
- Successful track record of building collaborative partnerships
with Product Marketing teams.
- Successful track record of setting a high quality bar while
driving hard for results.
- Strong collaborator with strong stakeholder management skills
who enjoys working across teams.
- Experience managing people and driving impact by scaling
- Curiosity, self-awareness, and a desire to test and learn,
using data as a success metric
- Outstanding leadership and deep and unwavering commitment to
diversity and inclusion
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft 365 Commercial Positioning & Messaging
- Own the Microsoft 365 positioning and messaging framework,
value proposition and narrative.
- Partner with Microsoft 365 product marketers across commercial,
consumer, education, and SMB to drive consistent communication of
our value proposition for customers across channels.
- Build core content that articulates the value of Microsoft 365
in a compelling way and drive consistency across mediums (e.g.,
enterprise web site, customer pitch decks, executive briefings,
campaigns, sales enablement, events, PR, etc.).
- Derive insights from brand tracking and messaging research and
competitive analysis to inform Microsoft 365 messaging and
- Engage customers at Executive Briefings and Microsoft and
industry events and use customer feedback to inform messaging and
- Partner with Integrated Marketing and across Product Marketing
(Microsoft 365, Microsoft Teams, Office, Employee Experience, and
Security, Identity & Compliance) on our commercial cloud
- Partner with GTM on sales enablement content for Microsoft
- Lead the planning process in partnership with PR and Product
Marketing for prioritization of Tier I news across Microsoft 365,
Teams, Office apps, and Employee Experience.
- Partner across commercial cloud marketing on the Microsoft
Cloud value proposition and messaging.
- Lead and develop a high performing team of communications
- Attract, retain, and grow diverse talent while creating an
inclusive environment where everyone can bring their full and
authentic self, where all voices are heard, and where we do our
best work as a result.
- Embody Microsoft's leadership principles to create clarity,
generate energy and deliver success.
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Redmond , Director - Microsoft 365 Narrative & Storytelling, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!