Sr. Software Engineer (Starlink Wi-Fi)
Company: Space Exploration Technologies
Posted on: June 9, 2021
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity
is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one
where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the
technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of
enabling human life on Mars.
SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER (STARLINK Wi-Fi)
SpaceX is looking for a senior software engineer to build the
next generation Starlink Wi-Fi experience. You will be responsible
for the complete lifecycle of the software you create, including
development, testing, and support. The success of Starlink depends
on the quality of the software that you and your team produce, from
reliability to performance, fault tolerance, security, and user
You are the engineer that other engineers can count on; you are
technical, you attack every problem with enthusiasm; you remove
hurdles. You are a self-starter, team player, have the hunger to
venture into unknown areas and code and make the system work.
- Design and implement correct, fault-tolerant code that operates
for long periods of time with no maintenance on millions of
- Write high quality embedded Linux and application software to
efficiently and correctly handle diverse wireless clients and
- Drive the direction of future wireless products, including mesh
networks, in-flight and community wireless.
- Participate in architecture, design, and code reviews.
- Develop prototypes to prove out key design concepts and
quantify technical constraints.
- Build an amazing engineering culture by your actions, words,
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or
- 4+ years of experience in software development or 6+ years of
professional experience in software development.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Developed, debugged, and deployed software that has been used
in the real world.
- Experience with wireless and wired networking and MAC
- Experience with embedded systems and security.
- Solid fundamental knowledge of math, physics, RF, and
- Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization, and unit
- Creative approach to problem solving, exceptional analytical
skills and engineering fundamentals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export
regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent
resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.
1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from
the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX
is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications
and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion,
gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability
status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
mental or physical disability or any other legally protected
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action
Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants
requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview
process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310)
Keywords: Space Exploration Technologies, Redmond , Sr. Software Engineer (Starlink Wi-Fi), Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!