Sr Product Mgr, SC Planning
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
We're looking for an outstanding Sr. Product mgr., SC Planning
Technology whose objective and responsibility will be to build
supply chain planning processes and associated system solutions
(internal tools and implement 3rd party software) that will
adequately address the planning and fulfillment needs for Project
Kuiper. You will work cross-functionally with Global Supply
Managers, customer teams, system engineers to deeply understand our
planning processes and challenges, and develop robust supply chain
planning (Demand Forecasting, Buffer and Supply) methodologies and
transfer them to system solutions and automation.
We're looking for an individual who innovates and loves solving
hard problems. You are a learner and doer at heart, who
continuously engages across business, technical and operational
teams to achieve amazing outcomes. You will work hard, have fun,
and of course, make history!
A day in the life
As a Sr. Product mgr., SC Planning Technology, you will (1) Lead
the supply chain planning process design activities and ensure
delivery of business mechanisms and system/optimization
technologies that support supply chain planning, (2) Develop long
term and short term demand forecasting, buffer planning and supply
planning strategies and plans. Drive analytical problem solving to
improve the inputs for supply planning, (3) Single threaded owner
for the implementation of 3rd party supply chain planning software
(Blue Yonder, Kinaxis or E2Open) and integration with SAP S/4 HANA.
Enable internal tools and bridge enterprise planning system roadmap
About the hiring group
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low
Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed
broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities
around the world.
- Lead the supply chain planning process design activities and
ensure delivery of business mechanisms and system/optimization
technologies that support supply chain planning.
- Develop long term and short term demand forecasting, buffer
planning and supply planning strategies and plans. Drive analytical
problem solving to improve the inputs for supply planning.
- Single threaded owner for the implementation of 3rd party
supply chain planning software (Blue Yonder, Kinaxis or E2Open) and
integration with SAP S/4 HANA. Enable 'scrappy tools' and bridge
enterprise planning system roadmap and implementation.
- Works across the supply chain teams to identify, develop and
implement process improvements that reduce manual work, simplify
communication and provide transparency. Collaborates with product,
business and other technology teams across the organization to
identify and prioritize solutions and build a solutions roadmap
that can be delivered.
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
- Present demos, status updates and risk/mitigation strategies
and communicate to all levels of leadership, partners, customers
and the team.
- Represent the Supply Chain Technology positions to external
teams using your excellent communication skills.
- Status communication as needed for program (make sure everyone
knows what is going on)
- Analyze performance and identify and lead initiatives that will
drive process improvements.
- Hires and develops a diversified group of top talent. Role will
evolve to lead supply chain planning - manage a team of supply
chain planners (demand forecasting, buffer planning and TPMs) that
delivers programs of high impact, risk and complexity while
building and executing integrated plans across multiple teams
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations,
candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent
resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted
into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Expertise and In-depth knowledge of supply chain planning in
the areas of Demand Forecasting, Buffer, Supply and Capacity
Planning. In-depth knowledge of Supply Planning concepts like
Production planning, Material requirements planning, Long term
capacity planning, rough cut capacity planning, resource planning,
capacity constraints and scheduling.
- Ability to analyze supply chain operational data, to identify
opportunities, develop insights, perform fit-gap analysis and
prepare business case.
- Experience in any of the planning engine (Optimizer, Heuristic
etc.) for supply/capacity allocation.
- Expertise in development - Table based, composite, data
modification, Alerts - Monitoring, Hierarchies and Filters,
Scenario hierarchy setup to meet process needs, Perspective
development for Scenarios, Control Table Configuration, Planning
Engine Knowledge, Data Model modification including custom fields
and custom tables.
- 10+ years of experience in supply chain planning, consulting or
operations role with proven experience in leading process and
systems transformation initiatives
- 6+ years of product management or systems development
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related technical
discipline, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of data analysis including advanced proficiency
with Excel, SQL or Tableau.
- Experience in FMCG/CPG/Retail/Manufacturing industry.
- Multinational exposure is preferred
- MBA Operations/Supply Chain/Logistics /Engineering
- Supply chain planning or inventory management
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Redmond , Sr Product Mgr, SC Planning, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!