Software Development Engineer, Networking
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low
Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed
broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities
around the world.
Have you wanted an opportunity to develop the core wireless and
networking for an advanced global telecom service via both space
and terrestrial networks? Project Kuiper's Software Defined
Networking (SDN) team will design, implement and operate the
network virtualization stack and control plane that provides a high
throughput telecom service comprised of Low Earth Orbit satellites,
customer terminals, gateways, Cloud services and terrestrial
network infrastructure. This engineer must have deep networking and
routing software development experience, including hands-on
experience delivering network virtualization software and
- Take responsibility for designing and delivering a modern,
flexible, high throughput, low latency network virtualization
- Implement custom networking protocols, wireless technologies,
network security, quality of service, communications
.infrastructure and network management tools to administer
best-in-class network services for delivering high throughput, low
- Define and automate the standard processes for design,
implementation, and maintenance of network operations including
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations,
candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent
resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted
into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Location: Redmond or Bay Area
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or
related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience delivering production software.
- Experience with Unix/Linux and writing embedded code in C/
- Experience with networking and the application of Layer 3/L4
- Experience in L2/3/4 technologies, virtualization, routing and
- Experience in building large scale, high performance, high
availability systems and robust troubleshooting skills.
- Background with high availability, high performance, network
design and architecture. Technologies such as MPLS, Segment
Routing, Traffic Engineering and Mobility.
- Experience with modern wireless telecom architectures
- Strong understanding of AWS networking and/or dynamic
- Strong computer science fundamentals, data structures,
algorithms and distributed systems
- Demonstrated experience automating and managing networks
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through
actual launch of the project
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Redmond , Software Development Engineer, Networking, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!