Senior Software Engineer - CTJ
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Are you excited to be on the front-line of securing Microsoft
and our customers that entrust their security to Microsoft? Are you
passionate about enabling customers and team members to deliver
reliable, high-performance solutions at scale with agility? Are you
passionate about owning services from overall health to code
changes? Do you enjoy optimizing reliability, performance, cost,
and solving complex problems with software and systems
Microsoft's C+AI Division builds and operates a diverse set of
services across the stack from foundational "dial-tone" platforms
in Azure to customer facing services and critical security services
that back customer facing services such as O365. We work as a team
across development, site reliability engineering (SRE), program
management and security to envision, design, develop, deploy and
operate critical services.
Speed and agility done correctly enable higher quality, so
anything done to ease the path to get secure, reliable and
effective features out is critical. Our mission in the C+AI
Security Division's SRE team is to optimize and protect the
software and systems behind our internal and customer facing
offerings. We keep an ever-watchful eye on their reliability,
latency, performance, and capacity. As an engineer on the C+AI
Security SRE team, you are responsible for bulletproofing,
reinforcing, ruggedizing and improving the quality of service and
innovation-throughput of the services under our ownership.
- All candidates must have an active, current TS/SCI or have an
active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph).
This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI with
- You will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background
check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Computer
Engineering or Mathematics or additional equivalent experience in
lieu of degree.
- 5+ years of experience in at least one object-oriented
programming language: C#, C++/C, Java or Python.
- 5+ years of experience in software requirement engineering,
architecture and design.
- 2+ years of Software Engineering and experience in testing,
deploying and supporting large scale services on Azure, AWS or
- Demonstrated skill in technical deep-dives into troubleshooting
networking, service design, operating systems and storage.
- Experience in SDLC, distributed systems, networking, hardware,
logistics and operations or capacity planning.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- A passion for building and participating in highly effective
teams and development processes highly preferred
- Expertise in problem solving and analyzing global scale
distributed systems and critical production service environments
- Strong debugging, testing / validation and analytics/SQL skills
- Experience defining and measuring internal and customer facing
- Experience and bias for measurement and driving action with
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security
screening requirements are required for this role. These
requirements include, but are not limited to the following
specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required
to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and
every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Envision, design, write and deliver software and infrastructure
to improve the reliability, scalability, latency, operability and
efficiency of your services.
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and create
solutions to prevent problem recurrence, with the goal of
automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards and
methods for large-scale distributed systems.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting,
service integration and geo-expansion, software performance
analysis and system tuning.
- Participate in periodic on-call duties to ensure 24x7 service
health and reliability.
- Build and drive consensus toward common goals and priorities
through advanced impact and influence skills.
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Redmond , Senior Software Engineer - CTJ, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!