Senior Software Development Engineer, Networking
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low
Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed
broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities
around the world.
Have you wanted an opportunity to develop the core wireless and
networking for an advanced global telecom service via both space
and terrestrial networks? Project Kuiper's Software Defined
Networking (SDN) team will design, implement and operate the
network virtualization stack and control plane that provides a high
throughput telecom service comprised of Low Earth Orbit satellites,
customer terminals, gateways, Cloud services and terrestrial
network infrastructure that connects into public and private
networks. This engineer must have deep networking and routing
software development experience, including hands-on experience
delivering network virtualization software and application
- Take responsibility for designing and delivering a modern,
flexible, high throughput, low latency network virtualization
- Implement Routing and Forwarding, Traffic Engineering , SDN to
create the best-in-class network services for delivering high
throughput, low latency traffic.
- Define and automate the standard processes for design,
implementation, and maintenance of network operations including
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations,
candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent
resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted
into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Location: Redmond or Bay area
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or
related technical discipline or 10+ years of equivalent experience
delivering production software.
- 6+ years of experience delivering production software
- Experience with Unix/Linux and coding skills
- Experience with networking fundamentals, L2/3/4 technologies,
routing and transport protocols
- Experience in building large scale, high performance, high
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through
actual launch of the project.
- Strong understanding of L3/L4 networking and Traffic
Engineering in a dynamic network.
- Strong computer science fundamentals, data structures,
algorithms and distributed systems.
- Background with network design and architecture
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience with openflow and dpdk.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Redmond , Senior Software Development Engineer, Networking, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!