Senior Marketplace Engineer - Microsoft Flight Simulator - Xbox Game Studios
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Come join the team responsible for the Microsoft Flight
Simulator franchise! The Microsoft Flight Simulator team is looking
for a Senior Marketplace Engineer, a person who is a self-driven
and highly skilled full stack senior software engineer, to join its
marketplace publishing team.
We recently released a new simulator to both critical acclaim
and commercial success, but we're only just starting on our journey
with this new platform. This is a rare opportunity to join a
diverse and creatively driven team, and take advantage of the
newest technology available with backing and support from across
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and
maintaining the web portal and backend services that enable
Microsoft Flight Simulator's marketplace partners to submit,
validate, and ingest content into the in-app store. Ideally, you
demonstrate the ability to manage the completion of projects that
involve OO/UI and supporting backend services in a fast-paced agile
environment working closely with product stakeholders.
- 5+ years of web development experience (C#/.Net Core, HTML,
- 5+ years of experience developing cloud-based services and
applications over Azure, AWS or equivalent.
- Experience delivering solutions leveraging Relational
- A strong working knowledge of building and interfacing with
- Demonstrated ability to debug, troubleshoot, and optimize for
high performance user experiences.
- Experience working with Git.
- Strong technical communication skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Software
- Experience working with Microsoft cloud / web development
- Experience developing a React CRA frontend against a .NET Core
- Experience with Azure Dev Ops.
- Experience with Perforce.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Ship high-quality, well-tested, well-instrumented,
well-documented, secure, accessible and maintainable code.
- Deliver web experiences that are highly crafted, user-focused,
and adhere to accessibility standards by coordinating and
developing back-and-front end solutions.
- Thoroughly understand content ingestion pipeline and develop
technical solutions that automate multistage process.
- Analyze and apply telemetry and other feedback to simplify or
improve user experience and accessibility.
- Create and maintain project build systems, repositories, and
release strategies to preserve the integrity and availability of
production systems while deploying new software.
- Participate in discussions concerning process architecture and
technical feasibility, make decisions, and justify development
- Work closely with product owner and stakeholders to help
address business needs while maintaining engineering standards and
paying down technical debt.
- Participate in an on-call rotation and work occasional
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Redmond , Senior Marketplace Engineer - Microsoft Flight Simulator - Xbox Game Studios, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!