Sr. Employee Communications Manager
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Microsoft Azure provides customers with on-demand and infinitely
scalable infrastructure and platform for customers to build, host,
and scale services through Microsoft's global data centers. Azure's
cloud business is experiencing explosive growth, and Azure Hardware
Systems and Infrastructure (AHSI) is responsible for enabling the
infrastructure underlying this growth.
AHSI is responsible for enabling the hardware roadmap for the
evolution of Azure's datacenter infrastructure as well as the
hardware strategy and planning across multiple time horizons (0-1,
2-3, and 4-5+ years), and delivering hardware infrastructure into
today's datacenters, while also ensuring we have supply chain to
scale Azure. We're also responsible for understanding what it means
to transform the datacenter, and have groups working on hardware
solutions not only for today's classical workloads, but also
hyperscale workloads that will require artificial intelligence
supercomputers and the quantum computing systems of the future.
AHSI also has partnerships across Azure and Microsoft (including
Surface, Xbox, and HoloLens) to deliver world-class silicon
We are looking for a self-motivated and talentedSr.
EmployeeCommunications Manager to join our team. In this position,
you will be producing high-quality content thatinforms, motivates,
The ideal candidate will have a blend ofinternalcommunications,
storytelling,and program management experience.They should be an
organized self-starter with a strong bias for action, passionate
aboutgoal setting, continuous process improvement, delivering
results, and be willing to roll-up their sleeves to contribute
ideas, customize solutions, and positivelyinfluence the employee
experience within the organization.
7+ years of relevant professional experience that includes
writing, communications, and program management.
5+ years of project management experience that includes managing
multiple cross-functional projects and initiatives.
- 3+ years of direct content development experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A strong grasp ofgrammar, proactive writing, language, and
- An excellent eye for detail to spot mistakes in written
- Excellent analytical and observation skills.
- Ability to tap into the pulse ofatarget audience to customize
content and make it more effective.
- Experience with information architecture, content management,
or learning management system maintenance.
- Excellent communication up, down, and across the
- Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Proven thought leadership, strategic thinking, and a bias for
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Passion for tech or the proven ability to demonstrate and/or
grow technically, while being able to distil the complex into
simple and compelling key messages and stories.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization.
- Prior experience working with high-level executives.
- Portfolio of communicationsormarketing content.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security
screening requirements are required for this role. These
requirements include, but are not limited to the following
specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud
Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Lead our end-to-end employee communication and engagement
strategy, evolving our channels from a mix that has grown
organically to a thoughtfully curated collection designed for
- Write internal articles,messages, briefing
documents,scripts,newsletter copy, and other campaign content as
- Identify, recommend,andimplement creative methods for
communicating with employees through a variety of channels,
including, but not limited to, social platforms,listening and
feedback systems,intranet, podcasts, videos, presentations,
newsletters, all hands meetings, and emails.
- Storyboard and work withacreative teamto execute on various
- Respond toemployeecommunication-related issues in a timely
- Manage an organization-wide communication/editorial calendar,
working with stakeholders throughout the organization to determine
how we share our story.
- Ensure high quality, consistent and innovative approaches to
learning and information sharing in a rapidly growing and changing
- Maintain a transparent view of all project priorities and
statuses, backlog items, and metric tracking to ensure visibility
across the organization.
- Experience measuring the success/ROI of employee
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Redmond , Sr. Employee Communications Manager, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!