Principal Program Manager
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Microsoft Devices has an opening for a Principal Program Manager
in the storage and memory subsystem for Surface. We're seeking a
candidate who blends industry bleeding edge technical knowledge
with a pragmatic yet collaborative leadership style as a program
manager. This is a key hire into the Surface cross platform program
management team who will have the opportunity to have immediate
impact across the organization. Using your strong technical
expertise, you'll be involved in critical portfolio level decisions
for our organization and be driving day-to-day technical issue
identification and resolution. You'll need to understand product
details, understand technology capabilities and limitations, and be
a key player to prioritize and handle stakeholder requests. Post
launch product support is also required, as learnings from previous
programs are a critical part of full cycle process improvement in
our organization. You will be expected to lead process improvement
initiatives as required to benefit Surface and Microsoft. You enjoy
mentoring junior team members and sharing your expertise with
fellow colleagues. You are especially good at bringing along junior
members of the team and using your experience as a leader to coach
them to higher levels of performance. You'll be working in a
diverse and experienced cross functional team and will be working
on challenging technical problems across multiple programs. You'll
have responsibility to drive technical innovation both internally
and externally to suppliers and other partners. It is expected that
within a short period of time that you will be well known in the
industry and that you will be well regarded by our suppliers and
partners as a go-to technical expert within Microsoft Devices for
Storage and Memory.
- 5 years of storage and/or memory industry experience,
preferably as a hands-on engineer. Relevant recent technical
expertise is required.
- 10+ years of embedded system, software, or technical program
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 15%
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation
- Position is in Redmond, WA post-pandemic.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Strong strategic leadership and analytical skills.
- Experience with embedded system software development,
especially at a system architectural level.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Held responsibility for the creation of functional
specifications, project schedules and building plans to ensure on
- Enthusiastic, attention to detail, results oriented, organized,
motivated and self-driven.
- Experience managing vendors, creating SOWs.
- Experience with hardware design
- An understanding of the Intel and/or ARM SOC architectures is
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Role & Opportunity:
- Develop and maintain technical depth on existing and emerging
storage and memory technologies for the entire Surface product
- You will have the opportunity to work at the cutting edge of
software and hardware, driving delivery of both current products as
well as helping to define the future of our systems in
- You will help balance upcoming releases and priorities as you
drive the technical strategy, planning and delivery across products
and report out regularly on status.
- Drive a culture of innovation and experimentation throughout
the team. You will have the opportunity to work with inside and
outside Microsoft to develop solutions that work across multiple
devices. This will require deep software knowledge as well as
hardware considerations for multiple platforms.
- Collaborate to develop best of breed solutions that are
leverageable across multiple architectures and product
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Redmond , Principal Program Manager, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!