Research Associate / Senior Research Associate, Preclinical Research
Posted on: September 9, 2021
Our client is a biotechnology company leading a new
generation of gene therapy. With our proprietary redosable
ceDNA technology, we are expanding the reach of gene therapy.
Our client goal is to bring the life-saving benefits of gene
therapy to more people, living with a broader range of diseases, in
more places around the world and vision, is to make the ravages of
genetic disease as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels
to children today.
Our client is a thriving, collaborative, creative community of
diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences relentlessly dedicated to
our mission. Founded and launched by Atlas Venture. Headquartered
in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Committed to a future where more
people can live full lives.
The client is looking for a collaborative, versatile, and
highly motivated Senior Associate Scientist/ Scientist to join our
Preclinical Research group. For this lab-based position, the
successful candidate will be responsible for developing and
implementing assays to support disease biology and advance our
non-viral gene therapy platform, contributing to our liver disease
programs from lead optimization to candidate selection.
- Develop and execute assays to assess protein expression and
distribution (e.g. immunofluorescence, Western blot, flow
cytometry, qPCR) or biological effects (e.g. localization, enzyme
activity, signaling pathway activation/inhibition), from tissue
samples, plasma/serum, and cell culture lysates.
- Conduct in vitro experiments including cell model
characterization, transfection, and end point assays.
- Design and troubleshoot experiments, analyze data, and
- Interface with CROs for specific study areas to coordinate
- Document experiments and summarize studies in written reports
and oral presentations.
- Bachelor’s (Master’s degree preferred) in a related scientific
field (e.g. Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell
- Minimum of 3-years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Excellent lab skills and the ability to work independently to
conduct and troubleshoot experiments, as well as analyze,
interpret, and present data.
- Proficient in protein detection methods including
immunostaining, western blot, and enzymatic assays from in vivo
(tissue/plasma/serum) or in vitro (cell culture) samples.
- Familiarity with cell culture manipulation techniques (e.g.,
transfections, cell-based assays).
- Experience with cell and tissue staining (IF, IHC, ICC) and
imaging /analysis methods a plus (confocal microscopy, flow
- Ability to multi-task to support multiple projects and work in
a matrixed environment.
- Prior experience with gene therapy and/or lead optimization a
Our client is in a diverse environment and is committed to equal
employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified
applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring,
training, promotion, or any other employment practices for reasons
of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, gender identity,
age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or
any other legally protected status. Our client will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities,
in accordance with applicable law.
Keywords: Bevov, Redmond , Research Associate / Senior Research Associate, Preclinical Research, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!