QA/QC Microbiologist I
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: $20.00 to $24.00 per hour DOECOMPANY
INFORMATIONProbi® is a global company focused exclusively on
researching, manufacturing, and delivering probiotics for
supplements and functional food. We are experts at managing stable,
live bacteria from R&D through every stage of the manufacturing
process and are dedicated to making the health-enhancing benefits
of probiotics available to people everywhere. Probi USA
manufactures a wide variety of probiotic products including bulk
probiotic powders, capsules, tablets and bottled products. Our
probiotics are fermented, harvested and frozen at our Redmond
facility. We are currently searching for a QA/QC Microbiologist I,
to work in our Redmond, WA facility. This is a full-time position
working a Tuesday-Saturday shift. Hours are 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM.
POSITION SUMMARYThis position is responsible for performing basic
Microbiology laboratory analyses including calibration, tracking,
sample preparation, sample analysis and reporting of materials,
processes, and products to ensure they meet the company's quality
standards. KEY DUTIES
- In accordance with standard methods and procedures, perform
microbiological and physical analyses of raw, in-process and
finished materials to support production in a GMP environment.
- Maintain records of analytical results both in paper and
electronic format for archive and retrieval of data.
- Prepare product and raw material release documents for all
analyses performed in the Redmond laboratory.
- Record environmental monitoring and equipment calibrations as
required under GMP/GLP.
- Maintain laboratory in a clean, organized, and supplied state
including media preparation, inventory control, and
- Special projects as assigned. COMPANY/JOB REQUIREMENTS
- A bachelor's degree in Microbiology, Biology or related
scientific field, or High School Diploma/GED with 2 years of
related professional experience.
- Knowledge of food microbiological testing and GMP/GLP is a
- The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, dependable,
good work ethic, and works well in a team environment.
- Must be able to read, write, and converse in the English
- Must be able to pass background check.
- Follow GMP, PPE, and company safety policies in performance of
- Maintain good attendance. BENEFITS FOR US EMPLOYEES
- $1,000 Bonus for new hourly employees! Paid on a graduated
payment schedule: $100 after 2 weeks, $200 after 30 days, $300
after 60 days, $400 after 6 months! (paid on the corresponding
- Medical, vision, and dental coverage available after 30 days
(and start of the next month) with 85% paid by employer for
employee and 20% for dependents.
- Long and short-term disability insurance at no cost to the
- Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- Employee Assistance Program free to employees.
- PTO (Paid Time Off) accrues upon hire, up to 4 weeks (20 days)
per year and increases with years of service.
- Nine (9) paid holidays per year.
- 17 hours per calendar year to volunteer out in the
- Membership in 401K and Roth plan after 6 months with up to 4%
- Employee Referral Program.
- Free parking, free coffee, and Thursday breakfast goodies!Probi
USA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status,
veteran status or any other protected factor. IND123
Keywords: Probi, Redmond , QA/QC Microbiologist I, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!