Posted on: August 4, 2022
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION We hand-blow glass with color and light
for people who love to give kindness.
glassybaby began in 2001, when Lee Rhodes dropped a candle into a
colored glass votive after being sick from cancer. The calming
light gave her peace, and a flicker of hope.
This hope helped her to heal, and inspired a mission and business
devoted to providing the same hope and healing to people, animals
and the planet.
The reason glassybaby exists is to give.
We are a community of kindness. everyone is welcome. just bring a
Each votive with a motive is to lift spirits and spread hope.
Our handblown glass products are made from the earth, and we are
committed to protecting it.
We love dogs
Dogs don't judge, and neither do we, for goodness sake CATEGORY
Skilled Trades POSITION Glassblower Description Hiring for
locations: Redmond, Madrona, Block-21 (downtown Seattle)
In accordance with glassybaby's COVID-19 policy, full COVID-19
vaccination, including the booster vaccine, is required as
condition of employment in Oregon & Washington; medical,
disability-related and religious exemptions may apply.
glassybaby is currently seeking experienced glassblowers to produce
our one-of-a-kind, hand-blown, glass votive candle holders and
drinking glasses. glassybaby are works of art, as unique as the
individual who chooses one, formed by eight hands, born in the usa,
citizen of the world, each one with its own name, one of a kind.
kind of like you. physically, a glassybaby is a colorful, handblown
glass votive made by hand in our hotshop.
- Glass blowing on the bench.
- Maintain quality standards while meeting production goals and
- Collaborate with the team on various project needs.
- Ability to operate equipment such as furnaces, blowpipes,
- Ability to continually bend, stoop, stand, sit, step up, reach
and physically lift up to 25lbs throughout shift. pm21 POSITION
- Available to work 32+ hours per week
- Demonstrate experience as a glassblower or trade preferred
- Willingness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to consistently work as scheduled within a cohort
- Strong communication skills and attention to details.
- Off-hand glass production skills highly valued.
- Tolerate exposure to cold or heat, machinery such as furnaces
and high levels of noise.
* physical requirements performed with or without reasonable
glassybaby offers a generous range of benefits including:
- Annual contribution to your 501(c)(3)charity of choice
- 401k including personal financial consulting
- Medical, dental, vision
- Employer paid life insurance
- Voluntary additional life insurance
- Short term disability
- Supplemental health care policies
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Pet insurance
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Employee advantage discount program (savings of hundreds of
naturally recognized outlets including travel, lodging,
entertainment, shopping, shows, car rental and more)
- Employee Assistance Program (counseling and referrals on
everything from financial to mental health needs)
FULL-TIME/PART-TIME Full-Time EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT Non-Exempt NUMBER
OF OPENINGS 4 LOCATION Redmond EOE STATEMENT We are an equal
employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Glassybaby, Redmond , Glassblower, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!