Company: DeZURIK, Inc.
Posted on: August 4, 2022
The Welder/ Fabricator will perform welding in the fabrication and
repair of custom components. This position also performs related
duties as assigned in regards to the fabrication process.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Cuts and/or joins metal parts in order to fabricate or repair
equipment using tools such as plasma cutter, mig welder, tig
welder, arc welder, oxyacetylene torch, chop saw, grinder, drill
press, clamps, and hand and power tools.
- Designs and fabricates parts and equipment to meet unusual or
special needs of the product, using manufacturers' specifications,
measuring devices, calculator, drawings and service requests.
- Moves material or supplies to directed locations in order to
expedite repair work or modifications, using forklifts and/ or
- Installs manufacturers' components and equipment in order to
test durability and safety.
- Must wear appropriate protective gear and clothing as
- EDUCATION AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- Required to have knowledge of the properties of various welding
rods and fluxes used in welding metals.
- Required to have an understanding of the characteristics and
properties of various metals used in the cutting, forming and
welding of objects.
- Need to have awareness of occupational hazards and safety
precautions, practices and procedures of the welding trade.
- Must have an understanding of the use of various types of
equipment and tools common to the welding trade (e.g., mig welder,
tig welder, oxyacetylene torch, arc welder, plasma cutter, saw,
drill press, grinder, etc.).
- Capable of calculating mathematical problems involving
addition, subtraction, multiplication, division on a calculator to
determine weights, measurements, time and quantities.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical engineering
assembly and fabrication drawings.
- Follow detailed oral and written instructions in the
fabrication or repair of requested equipment.
- Communicate ideas to shop personnel regarding the design and
fabrication of the product.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
- May be required to move items up to 60 pounds for distances of
up to 10 feet.
- May be required to stand, stoop, bend, kneel and squat for
extended periods of time.
- May be exposed to fumes or dust, toxic or caustic chemicals,
outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts and moderate to loud noise
Work schedule is 40 hours per week, with additional hours available
as needed. DeZURIK pays competitive wages and provides a generous
employee benefit package. Benefits include paid vacation and
holidays, health and dental insurance, life insurance, short-term
disability, and 401k. All new hires must pass a pre-employment drug
and alcohol screen, physical, and background check.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified.
Quality encompasses all aspects of DeZURIK, Inc.'s business, and
every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence
of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality
system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any
such nonconformity, and, through designated channels, initiate and
Keywords: DeZURIK, Inc., Redmond , Welder/ Fabricator, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!