Patient Registrar Per Diem
Posted on: September 15, 2022
Represent EvergreenHealth as welcoming officials to patients and
visitors and is responsible for accurate and courteous registration
of patients in a manner that promotes EvergreenHealth's values that
contributes towards an optimum patient experience. Accountable for
the proper patient identification to ensure a patient safety.
Initiates the Patient Revenue Cycle for maximum and timely
reimbursement with utilization of registration
Essential Job Functions:
1. Interviews patient or their representatives to obtain
demographic and billing information via the registration area or
the patient's bedside.
2. Assists patients in completing the appropriate consent and/or
worker's compensation forms.
3. Completes pre-registration of patients prior to scheduled
admission as necessary (may be conducted over phone or in person
with patient or patient representative).
4. Responsible for point-of-service collections.
5. Identifies the need for financial counseling and refers the
patient to the Financial Clearance Unit.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of insurance payers and the use of
electronic systems for verification purposes.
7. Works with the House Supervisor for direct and scheduled admits
8. Responsible for updating patient type changes based on
9. Informs surgery patients of scheduled admit and surgery
10. Responsible for following downtime procedures.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
11. High School graduate or equivalent
12. Knowledge of medical terminology.
13. Ability to be flexible in work assignments, detail oriented and
organized and works well with others in a professional manner.
14. Strong communication skills to effectively obtain information
from patients, physicians, other clients.
15. Ability to function independently, organize work, multitask,
and establish priorities.
16. Numerical ability is required to discuss financial arrangements
including deposit requirements.
17. Ability to exercise good judgment in determining appropriate
actions in emergent situations, problem solving, and retain
composure in stressful situations.
18. Detail oriented and organized.
19. Ability to manage work volume and disseminate status updates to
DESIRED for the position:
20. Vocational training or college degree in the healthcare
21. 2 year prior experience in a hospital or medical setting
22. Working knowledge of insurances.
- This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement
between EvergreenHealth and the Service Employees International
Union (SEIU) Healthcare 1199NW. the SEIU
Keywords: EvergreenHealth, Redmond , Patient Registrar Per Diem, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!