Software Engineer - OS Frameworks
Company: Meta Inc
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Meta Reality Labs' mission is to give people the tools to feel
connected anytime, anywhere. We create new, category-defining
consumer hardware and software that are immersive, social, and
increase the depth of people's connections. The team is a diverse
group of problem solvers, inventors, and proven visionaries who are
relentless about transforming everyday occurrences into rich
experiences that have the potential to improve the way billions of
people live.Meta Reality Labs hardware, including Oculus, enables
people to defy distance-connecting with each other and the
world-through world-class VR hardware and software. The VR - Quest
for Business team is part of the Reality Labs organization at Meta,
responsible for enabling AR/VR devices for Work. You can get a
glimpse of some of our work here. We're looking for candidates who
are passionate about software development and the Android Platform,
with solid experience in the Framework layer of the Operating
Systems such as AOSP Frameworks, macOS Darwin, Windows OS libraries
and system services etc. (not just application layer). We are also
looking for experience building core components and dealing with
Identity, Security and Privacy. A successful candidate in this role
is self-driven, creative and doesn't mind delving into different
areas of the stack. This person will take initiative and should be
willing to execute consistently in an agile, fast-paced
Software Engineer - OS Frameworks Responsibilities:
- Lead and set direction in how Meta Reality Labs develops its
future capabilities to deliver best in class experiences to enable
VR/AR devices for work.
- Build tools, system architecture, prototypes, frameworks and
infrastructure for Device management (MDM), Single Sign On (SSO),
App distribution, Licensing and management etc.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of partners, product
managers and engineers in areas like Meta's Work platform,
Identity, OS components to help build an end-to-end solution.
- Uplift coding and design skills on the team through reviews and
introduction of best practices. Model behaviors through clean
readable code, upfront debug-ability and testability when
implementing complex components.
- Build tooling to detect and investigate customer issues
promptly. Work with support and other engineering teams to resolve
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews for the
- Work with Application and Platform teams to debug functional,
performance and stability issues across the stack.
- Build on OS internals. Set technical direction for significant
- Work closely with product management, application software
engineers and partners to understand requirements, specify
interfaces for new software frameworks, and enhance existing
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in the field of
Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar field
- 5+ years of Software development experience
- 2+ years of experience in developing any of the following:
Desktop applications, Operating Systems, AOSP, Identity, Device
management on iOS/Android, Device Security, Android Enterprise
- 1+ years of experience developing software for Mobile platforms
- Experience with Android, macOS, or Windows internals or
- 3+ years experience with any of the following: Android
internals, AOSP, Android SDK, Android NDK, Android JNI, Android IPC
mechanisms, Linux OS development.
- 2+ years experience delivering software for
- 1+ years of experience with developing and shipping Identity,
device management ( MDM ) features on Android/iOS.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at email@example.com.
Keywords: Meta Inc, Redmond , Software Engineer - OS Frameworks, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!