Sr IT Systems Engineer - Windows
Company: Puget Sound Energy
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top
talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award
winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and
innovative future is now.
PSE'sIT Infrastructureteam is looking for qualified candidates to
fill anopenSr IT Systems Engineer - Windowsposition!
Specific details regarding the work arrangements for this position
will be discussed in further detail during the interview
Manages servers, storage, operating systems and applications to
ensure availability, recoverability, performance, integrity and
supportability through production support and maintenance of
existing systems and development and implementation of systems
enhancements. Monitors, troubleshoots, configures, enhances and
provides advanced customer support. Plans and executes the
implementation of new applications or system integration and
testing. Researches, recommends and designs new technologies, new
configurations and enhancements to existing systems. Provides
consulting advice to customers on the capabilities of the network
Upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE's operating
and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities. Promotes
and supports a culture of total safety.
Demonstrates commitment to conduct business honestly, ethically and
consistent with our core values and Code of Conduct. Ensures duties
are performed in accordance with all regulatory compliance
- Supports the Windows family of operating systems to include:
AD, DHCP, FTP, Powershell, Email workflow, SCCM, SCOM, Win OS, DNS,
and disaster recovery/business continuity.
- Contributes to standards.
- Implements moderately complex technology solutions with minimal
- Serves as the highest-level technical resource for technologies
which may span the enterprise. Leads complex troubleshooting
efforts and root cause analysis.
- Works with various vendors to maintain equipment including
firmware, service packs, security patches, etc to ensure the
maximum performance, security, and availability of the
- Demonstrates the application of technology to defined
requirements and has a detailed understanding of some
- Participates in the evaluation and selection of new system
architectures, systems, tools, and techniques. Also performs the
implementation once selections have been made.
- Advises on selection of technology purchases.
- Understands and promotes standards, guidelines, and policies
for the use and integration of technology.
- Participates in capacity planning, system installations,
upgrades, and other maintenance activities for enterprise and
- Reviews the environment and proactively implements changes to
reduce problems and work stoppage.
- Analyzes system wide performance indicators. Changes system
software and parameters to ensure maximum system operating
efficiency and availability as directed.
- Updates/creates system documentation which may affect mutliple
- Manages or consults on small projects to ensure proper
allocation of resources, and high client satisfaction.
- Effectively manages day to day relationships with business
partners, vendors, professional peers, and other team
- Works with IT personnel across all segments.
- Estimates resource and costs for smaller systems and medium
- Operates under minimal direction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
As part of the IT Workforce Architecture Project, assigned level
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience in related field,
or combination of specialized training or experience and five years
of directly relevant experience.
- Advanced experience working with IT LAN/WAN network
applications/procedures and processes.
- Advanced knowledge of network protocols (e.g., TCP/IP), and GUI
- Advanced knowledge of Windows OS commands, software upgrades,
and with network routing and bridging protocols.
- Profecient in the understanding and troubleshooting of the
Windows family of operating systems to include four(4) of the
following nine (9) core competencies: AD, DHCP, FTP, Powershell,
Email workflow, SCCM, SCOM, Win OS, DNS, and disaster
- Advanced knowledge of performance monitors and debugger
- Advanced experience with participating in projects in a
- Advanced experience supporting Windows operating systems
deploying enterprise-wide applications.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and demonstrate
attention to detail.
- Self-driven, able to juggle many tasks under tight deadlines,
and be comfortable bringing ideas to the table.
- Good documentation, teamwork and communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science,
or Information Technology.
- Some experience with any of the following:
- Cloud Computing
- Clustering services
- Enterprise Vault
- Server Hardware
- Exchange 2010
- Load Balancing
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (all)
- NERC Security Standards
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them
opportunities to excel. We offer a competitive compensation and
The pay range for this position is$92,900.00 -$163,600.00, and this
position is eligible for annual goals based incentive bonuses.
PSE offers a suite of benefits to our employees. Employees are
eligible for medical, dental, vision, basic life, and short- and
long-term disability insurance. There are additional voluntary
options of supplemental life insurance, accidental death and
dismemberment insurance, flexible spending accounts for health care
and dependent daycare, and an Employee assistance program (EAP).
For long term savings, PSE offers a 401(k) investment option and a
cash balance retirement plan. Employees will also receive Paid Time
Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays throughout the calendar year.Detailed
benefit overviews can be found on our Career page - Why Work For Us
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they
need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving
Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy
started in 1873. Today we're building the Northwest's energy future
through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs
and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them
opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that
includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive
bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement
pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment
opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status
or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable
accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential
functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by local,
state or federal law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or
reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please
contact the Human Resources Staffing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Keywords: Puget Sound Energy, Redmond , Sr IT Systems Engineer - Windows, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!