Inspector Assembly and Installation B - 51406
Posted on: May 19, 2023
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us.Boeing Commercial Airplanes has an
exciting opportunity for an Inspector Assembly & Installation B to
join our team in Everett and Renton, WA.An inspector in this
position performs sub assembly/final assembly inspection for
workmanship, fit, alignment and conformance with applicable
drawings, specifications, quality standards and manufacturing
- Inspector witnesses processes and performs shakedown
inspections of completed sub-assemblies/final assemblies or major
- Inspectors check the work instruction for the next job or in
process inspection and obtain the applicable drawings,
specifications and any other necessary documents.
- Review work instructions for completeness.
- Perform in-process inspections and audit manufacturing
processes (e.g., hole check, torque, seal squeeze out, cold work,
electrical bonding and finishes) as required.
- Review the completed job and inspect workmanship, dimensions
and locations (e.g., hole size and fasteners) and ensure all
parts/assemblies have been installed per the current drawings,
specifications and planning requirements.
- Inspect electrical assemblies (e.g., installation, crimping,
termination and routing), as required.
- Operate mechanical lifts of various types, to inspect
parts/assemblies, as required.
- Identify and document discrepancies and report to shop as
- Reject assembly or installation, as required.
- Note discrepant condition(s) and location(s) and what the
correct configuration of the assembly or installation should be,
citing drawing, specification, or plan requirements.
- Process quality records per appropriate procedures to maintain
accountability, acceptance, and status.
- Initiate re-inspection to investigate whether rejectable
conditions exist on other airplanes and/or parts/assemblies, as
- Maintain personal and tool certifications, as required.
- Assist other employees with functions, methods and procedures
by passing on information and answering questions.
- Contact team leader/supervisor when assistance is needed.
- Consult with management and/or others (e.g., production,
engineering, planning or customer coordinator) on process or job
related issues as required.
- Work with others as part of a team including giving and
receiving feedback, assisting others in completion of tasks,
provide on-the-job-training to others.This position is expected to
be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work
onsite at one of the listed location options.The position must meet
Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as
defined by 22 C.F.R. -- 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US
Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.Basic
Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience as a Quality Inspector
- Ability to walk constantly throughout the workday; stand 6-8
hours per day; climb or work from stairs/steps up to 8 hours per
day; climb ladders; bend and twist frequently up to six hours per
day; squat and kneel
- Ability to complete Fall Protection Training
- Ability to use a respirator or have been respirator
certifiedPreferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Sealing experience preferredTypical Education:High school
graduate or GED preferred.Relocation:This position offers
relocation based on candidate eligibility.Shift:This position is
for variable shift.Drug Free Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free
Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to
testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and
alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.Union:
- Current Boeing employees working in Puget Sound and Portland
must submit an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be considered in
the eligible candidate pool. Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing
employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will not be
- This is an hourly position governed by the International
Association of Machinists (IAM-751) Collective Bargaining
agreement.Summary pay range: $21.00 - $44.08At Boeing, we strive to
deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and
retain the top talent.-- Elements of the Total Rewards package
include competitive base pay and variable compensation
opportunities.-- --The Boeing Company also provides eligible
employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit
programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending
accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life
and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that
provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.-- --The
specific programs and options available to any given employee may
vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location,
date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining
agreements. --Please note that the salary information is a general
guideline only.-- Salaries are based upon candidate experience and
qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.----
--Equal Opportunity Employer:Boeing is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic
factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected
Keywords: BOEING, Redmond , Inspector Assembly and Installation B - 51406, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...