21204-Assembler Wire Group-Repair
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us.The Boeing Company is currently
seeking Assembler Wire Group-Repair to join the team in Everett, WA
- Assemblers in this position perform crimping, inserting,
rerouting, installing and re-installation, etc. of all types of
wiring in support of damaged wiring, shop defects and SOS (Shop Out
of Stock) installations to provide emergent factory ship side
- Assemblers will research wire type, gauge, length, etc. to
perform repair functions.
- These employees will work from specifications, Production
Illustrations, and other information to complete wiring tasks and
use marked points, e.g., station lines, index points, etc. to
determine lengths and locations.
- Employees will verify completed work against quality
specifications.Perform fabrication and/or assembly processes on the
airplane to build and assemble wire bundles, electrical shelves or
panels as required.
- Determine set-up and the materials, parts, standards, and tools
required for job by reviewing information from multiple sources
(e.g., ECAT (Electrical Corrective Action Team), ERU (Electrical
Response Unit), Electrical Connector Assembly Diagram (ECAD) or
Engineering drawing as required.
- Work without form boards, jigs, fixtures or tooling as
- Determine work sequence, parts tracking, etc. as required.
Prepare materials, parts, standards, and tools as required, from
Parts Control Area (PCA), satellite storage carts, roto bin, or
- Ensure that parts selected are correct for the part
number/airplane and are free of visible defects.
- --Provide wiring assistance to factory, interior and flight
line areas as required. Fabricate wire bundles, with or without
form boards, by cutting, coding, counting, sleeving, and splicing
wire, installing connectors, lugs, solder sleeves, ferrules, and
- Crimp and terminate using hand or machine crimping tool and tie
with lock stitch and/or Panduit straps, per SA, W/O, IRSO, drawing,
Boeing (BAC) specifications or other instructions. Install wire
bundle into electrical panel or shelf by routing, clamping,
terminating and tying. Hand form as necessary.
- Cut and install plastic sleeves over wires and/or wire bundles,
as required. Create shop aids to facilitate repairs, as required.
Install accessories (e.g., relays, circuit breakers, switches, and
lights) and decals onto shelves and panels as required, using hand
tools and soldering gun. Check continuity of electrical assemblies
using test lights or ohmmeter, as required.
- Handle and dispose of hazardous materials in approved
- Check work after completion of each operation in job and/or
completed job to ensure it is complete per drawing or rework
instructions, that there are no defects and that area around job is
clean, prior to putting up for inspection.
- Submit completed job or in-process checks, as required, to
inspector at appropriate steps in sequence.
- Perform rework as required (e.g., pick-ups, rejection
- Maintain personal and tool certifications, as required.
- Contact lead/supervisor when assistance is needed or when any
- Consult with management and/or others (e.g., inspection,
internal customer) on process or job-related issues as
required.This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected
candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed
location optionsThis position meets Export controlled requirements
and Requires a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. --
120.15? "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident,
refugee, or asyleeBasic--Qualifications (Required
- 1+ years experience wiring processes? Examples include
crimping, forming, and/or solder sleeves
- 1+ Years experience using tools and/or hand-held power
- Lift 35 poundPreferred Qualifications (Desired
- Must have flexibility to support another location if
askedTypical Education:High school graduate or GED
preferred.Relocation:This position is located in a location that
does not offer relocation.-- Candidates must live in the immediate
area or relocate at their own expense.Shift:This position is for
2nd shift.Drug Free Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where
post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for
marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when
criteria is met as outlined in our policies.Other Relevant
Information & Requirements:This is an hourly position governed by
the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement.At Boeing, we strive to
deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and
retain the top talent.-- Elements of the Total Rewards package
include competitive base pay and variable compensation
opportunities.--The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees
with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs,
generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts,
health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and
disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that
provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.--The specific
programs and options available to any given employee may vary
depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date
of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining
agreements.Please note that the salary information shown below is a
general guideline only.-- Salaries are based upon candidate
experience and qualifications, as well as market and business
considerations.---- --Summary pay range: $ 19.00 - 41.62 an
hourEqual Opportunity Employer:Boeing is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic
factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected
Keywords: BOEING, Redmond , 21204-Assembler Wire Group-Repair, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...