Street Outreach Specialist
Company: Friends of Youth
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Purpose- Under the supervision of the Outreach and Safe Place
Program Coordinator, this position serves as the Street Outreach
Specialist and will provide outreach and referrals for young adults
who are experiencing homelessness. Primary responsibilities
include: outreach and engagement, risk assessment, safety planning,
implementation of harm reduction strategies, emotional support,
convening and managing multidisciplinary teams, and referrals to
appropriate support services.Essential DutiesA. Community
- Make contact and develop rapport with adults 18-24 currently
experiencing homelessness or housing instability.
- Conduct community outreach at social service agencies, schools,
teen centers, public libraries, community organizations, and other
services and locations young people frequent to inform and educate
employees and young adults of services and program.
- Develop and maintain relationships with police, courts,
detention, and other staff and systems young people may be involved
with.B. Direct Service
- Provide individual advocacy to young people who are survivors
of commercial sexual exploitation or are at-risk of commercial
sexual exploitation. Develop individualized, trauma-informed,
strength-based, youth-driven service plans in core areas of safety,
recovery, housing, health, mental health, chemical dependency,
education, employment, and life skills.
- Maintain regular contact with clients to respond to emerging
needs and crises. Assist young adults in navigating systems,
including, but not limited to: justice system, detention, and
- Connect CSE young adults to community resources, including
housing, health, mental health, chemical dependency, education,
employment, life skills, etc.
- Work collaboratively with Friends of Youth staff, community
partners, family and natural supports to identify, engage and
support clients to promote safety, navigate systems and connect to
appropriate services.C. Administrative
- Maintain complete and timely documentation of shift notes and
- Participate in weekly supervision meetings, monthly case
consult meetings, and monthly team meetings.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.We
- Generous time off including 15 vacation days per year, paid
sick leave, 11 paid holidays, 2 social justice leave days per year
for full-time employees
- Health insurance package including medical, dental, vision,
24/7 access to telehealth, long term disability and life
- Transgender benefits
- Retirement plan with match after 90 of employmentWe require:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Knowledge and experience of crisis intervention,
trauma-informed care, housing and homelessness, and harm
- Experience in youth outreach in King County is preferred.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check & TB test
- WA Driver's license with a safe driving record
- Proof of COVID vaccination
- Must be at least 18 years of ageFriends of Youth is committed
to equity and creating a diverse and inclusive work environment as
an equal opportunity employer. We welcome, honor, and celebrate our
clients, colleagues, and communities' diverse identities and
Keywords: Friends of Youth, Redmond , Street Outreach Specialist, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...