Color Bar (Materials) Coordinator
Posted on: May 21, 2023
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATIONWe hand-blow glass with color and light
for people who love to give kindness. glassybaby began in 2001,
when Lee Rhodes dropped a candle into a colored glass votive after
being sick from cancer. The calming light gave her peace, and a
flicker of hope. This hope helped her to heal, and inspired a
mission and business devoted to providing the same hope and healing
to people, animals and the planet. glassybaby values Giving The
reason glassybaby exists is to give. Family We are a community of
kindness. everyone is welcome. just bring a story. Downright
Uplifting Each votive with a motive is to lift spirits and spread
hope. Sustainability Our handblown glass products are made from the
earth, and we are committed to protecting it. We love dogs Dogs
don't judge, and neither do we, for goodness sakeCATEGORY
ProductionPOSITION Color Bar (Materials)
CoordinatorDescriptionPosition Summary: The Color Bar Coordinator
Is responsible for the incoming receipt, outgoing shipment, and
inventory management of color bar and frit glass materials. The
coordinator will receive, count, and inventory all color glass
deliveries, track movement of materials to and from glassybaby
locations, and update the NetSuite computer system to report the
movement appropriately and accurately. This position also entails
measuring and cutting color bars or frit and packing materials for
delivery to glassybaby hot shops. Salary - $20 00 - $22.00 per hour
Status: Full-time, Days Primary Duties:
- Fulfill, pack and ship internal color bar between Hot Shops.
Direct color bar materials to the correct location based on the
production planning workbook; verify materials received.
- Ensure that glassblowers receive daily notes on any specialty
colors they may be making that day.
- Maintain, receive and update in-house color glass materials
inventory and tracking systems for all in-coming orders, outgoing
and returning bars for all locations. Accountable for materials
status and location throughout distribution.
- Review weekly color order(s) with on hand inventory and compare
with Production Planning document to ensure quantities ordered are
enough to fill schedule. Escalate and/or discuss challenges in
weekly planning meetings.
- Coordinate updates or changes to the color schedule and
communicate those changes to team and necessary employees.
- Update color bar inventory sheet with updated color info such
as drop size, pick-up temperatures, and new/re-named products.
Ensure that information in color bar workbook aligns with Master
- Ensure that all left over and returning color bar from
production is properly accounted for and is returned to existing
- Review existing materials for any issues (dirt in bar, cracks,
etc.) and escalate concerns to management.
- Clean dirty color bar using Dremel tool in accordance with Hot
Shop safety standards and requirements.
- Ensure unused color bar and frit from Hot Shop floor is
retrieved and check it for cracks or contamination that would
render it unusable, report losses. Record all inventory updates
based upon excess bar in NetSuite including any inventory
adjustments for broken bar. All broken bars should be flagged to
- Use production forecast tools (excel) with assistance from
Production Planning team and hot shop calendar to stay familiar
with color bar needs of the shop and support matching products and
quantities to each team based on overall team stats, individual
skills, complexity of product, availability of color, and inventory
- Track and receive all P.O.'s in NetSuite and Outlook docs,
validate incoming shipments against original order and
- Responsible for meeting and managing color planning
- Responsible for training and providing guidance to support
- Actively discuss concerns with color bar with QC and Production
Management. Report any color manufacturing issues to maintain
product consistency to R&D manager.
- All other duties as assignedPM21POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or GED.
- Prior experience with material handling and/or inventory
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to perform work in a team environment, not
solely as an individual contributor.
- Strong organizational skills with a high standard of attention
- Ability to work weekends; as well as some evenings, holidays,
and on-call shifts when necessary.
- Professional, courteous, and clear verbal communication
- Initiative-taker and proactive; able to work independently
- Excellent work ethic.
- Ability to multitask, managing many different projects with
varying degrees of urgency and frequent changes.
- Ability to think quickly and critically, with excellent
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products Physical Demands:
- Ability to regularly lift-up to 35 pounds and rarely lift to 50
- Frequent standing and walking.
- Must be able to speak and hear well enough to conduct
- Vision abilities are critical and include close vision,
distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the
ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work in an environment where noise level is
- Frequent use of hands to finger, handle, or feel; must be able
to frequently reach with hands and arms; below, at and above the
waistline glassybaby offers a generous range of benefits based on
- Annual donation on the employee's behalf to a 501(c)(3)
- Medical, dental, vision, company paid life and Short Term
- 401k including personal financial consulting
- Voluntary additional life insurance and supplemental life
- Flexible spending account (FSA) and Health savings account
- Employee Assistance Program (counseling and referrals on
everything from financial to mental health needs)
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Pet insurance FULL-TIME/PART-TIME Full-TimeEXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT
Non-ExemptNUMBER OF OPENINGS 1LOCATION RedmondEOE
STATEMENTglassybaby provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.PI216842724
Keywords: Glassybaby, Redmond , Color Bar (Materials) Coordinator, Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...