Assembler 2 (Night Shift)
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Job OverviewWe are currently seeking an experienced, precision
mechanical Assembler 2 (night Shift) to perform a variety of
assembly duties including mechanical valve assembly and test.This
is a night shift role and the schedule is 4 days per week, 10 hours
per day. During training, your schedule will be Monday through
Thursday, 5:30am to 4:00pm. After training (usually about two
months), your schedule will be Monday through Thursday, 3:30pm to
2:00am. Candidates must have the ability and willingness to work
other shifts and overtime as needed to meet production
schedules.This position may be filled at this level or one level
higher. About Us is the Trusted Disruptor for the global aerospace
and defense industry. With customers' mission-critical needs always
in mind, our more than 50,000 employees deliver end-to-end
technology solutions connecting the space, air, land, sea and cyber
domains.In our Redmond, WA, site (Seattle area), we fabricate,
assemble, and test chemical and electric thrusters, as well as
small scale propulsion systems. Our electric propulsion systems
enable a wide variety of missions from the exploration of our solar
system to global communication and the surveillance of severe
weather and wild fires. You're not just "doing a job" at . The work
you perform makes significant contributions to national security
and space exploration.
- Trusted - We didn't apply for this honor, but Aerojet
Rocketdyne is proud to be recognized as one of by Newsweek /
Statista two years in a row!
- Inspiring Company Culture - Our people support each other and
work together to leave an indelible impact on our nation's
aerospace and defense legacy. Read more about our culture:
- Rest and Relaxation - Accrue 3 weeks of vacation to start plus
separate sick allowance. 4/10 schedule providing longer weekends.
Paid holidays including one-week year-end paid holiday
- Comprehensive Health Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Health
Savings Accounts, and Wellness programs. Want to know more? Check
- Prepare for the Future - 401(k) with company match
- Professional Development - Tuition assistance, free
professional development training through Rocket University,
employee recognition, and leadership development programs
- Employee Resource Groups - Local and Enterprise employee-led
volunteer groups to create community, awareness, impact, and to
support a culture where everyone belongs
- Beautiful Campus - Large campus with forested trail, basketball
court, fitness center, covered bicycle parking, and outdoor
gazebosEssential Functions100% - Perform a wide variety of assigned
manufacturing tasks to produce high quality products. Assembly will
be on piece parts into completed sub-assembly using typical
assembly tools, but could also include final assemblies, quality
testing, re-work, etc.
- Mechanical assembly and test of valves or other
components/products as assigned. Small mechanical precision
- Handle precision clean parts within a laminar flow
- Read and interpret product drawings and department
- Perform diversified, but semi-repetitive operations following
standardized methods and procedures under changing conditions.
- Coordinate with maintenance, supervision and/or engineers in
the set-up and calibration of equipment.
- Perform troubleshooting of mechanical assemblies, company
manufactured tooling and pressure testing.
- Perform electrical fabrication. (Certification to IPC 620
- Use and operate various computer systems and applicable
software (such as retrieving work instructions or manufacturing
module in ERP system).
- Additional duties could include production of parts, metal
- Provide assistance in developing methods and procedures to
control or modify the manufacturing process, collect data, or
assist in research work.
- Repair or make recommendations to solve equipment issues.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to come up with
- With the guidance from supervision/lead personnel, make precise
adjustments in moving the controls of the machine/equipment to
exact position such as offsets and axis movement.
- Perform mathematical calculations accurately and quickly.
- Effectively present information to supervision/lead person,
maintenance, engineering or other employees of the
- Work with management, supervision or lead personnel to
prioritize work and meet critical deadlines.
- Provide rapid support while following proper housekeeping and
- Other duties as assigned.RequirementsHigh School Diploma or
equivalent preferred and 1 years of related experience (or an
equivalent combination of education and experience).Additional
Requirements and Preferred Qualifications:
- Proven self-starter with the ability to follow detailed work
instructions and procedures needed.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand written or oral
requirements, procedures and specifications to perform assigned
- Must have extensive knowledge of mechanical assembly and test
- Understanding of electrical test equipment (DMM, oscilloscope,
etc.) required. Knowledge of strippers, crimpers and installing
solder splices a must.
- Requires the ability to establish and maintain cooperative
working relationships with the work team and those contacted in the
course of work.
- Familiarity with 5S and lean procedures expected.
- Requires the ability and willingness to work other shifts and
overtime as necessary.
- Must be able to be trained and become certified in cleanroom
access within the first 3 months of employment.
- Oracle and Delmia experience preferred.
- Knowledge of vacuum chambers, Laminar Flow environments and/or
FOE/FOD a plus.
- Certification to IPC 620 preferred.Requires U.S. Citizenship or
status as a U.S. Person. Must be able to satisfy federal government
requirements for access to government information, and having dual
citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this
requirement.Work Environment and Physical Requirements:While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to use hands to finger, handle or feel items. The employee
is regularly expected to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and
arms, stoop and kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or
move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this
job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus. May require the use of personal protective
equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. May
also be required to work in a standard office setting and to use
standard office equipment, including a computer. May require the
ability to travel by air or auto. These positions may be expected
to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of
activities in the organization.Pay range for this position:16.83 -
23.56 per hour Note about pay range:Pay range for this job level is
a general guideline only for California and/or Washington State and
not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors
considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to)
responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge,
skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with
market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Redmond , Assembler 2 (Night Shift), Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!