Were hiring for a Purchasing & Receiving Clerk to join the
Blazing Bagels team at our Redmond, WA warehouse. As the Purchasing
and Receiving Clerk you will be responsible for coordinating and
managing the ordering, inventory, shipping, and receiving of all
products coming into the Blazing Bagels production facility. You
will become an invaluable part of the Blazing Bagels mission,
supporting both our production and retail operations by ensuring a
well-organized and stocked warehouse. You will be working a
full-time Monday Friday 7:00 am to 3:30 pm schedule.
At Blazing Bagels, every member of our team is important and we
believe in encouraging an environment of creativity, innovation,
learning, and personal growth that not only makes Blazing Bagels a
desirable place to work, but also enriches the lives of our team
As a member of our team, regardless of your role, you will
become an integral part of the Blazing Bagels experience, providing
that Oh My Gosh experience to all of our customers and your
teammates. We offer a fun, fast-paced, and exciting work experience
in all of our roles, whether it be working with customers, mixing
dough, baking bagels, or producing addicting pastries.
* Orders raw materials, retail items, and packaging materials
for the company.
* Maintains inventory and pars of raw materials in individual
departments as needed.
* Build and maintain relationships with vendors
* Communicate with approved suppliers regarding orders and
* Work with suppliers to resolve cost, delivery, or quality
issues with products.
* Maintains and updates the company database of materials and
products, including conducting regularly scheduled inventories of
* Report the cost of each order to accounting.
* Retaining an appropriate level of product knowledge for
* Receives goods and verifies the quality, accuracy, and count
of all items unloaded by all vendors; checks against suppliers
count and immediately reports discrepancies to carriers, and
Production Manager in accordance with company policy.
* Verifies and records all items loaded for shipments by outside
vendors including, UPS and FEDEX.
* Carefully and accurately maintains receiving records for
requested categories, including goods received, goods returned, and
* Notifies appropriate department managers of significant
discrepancies, over-shipments, damaged items, or potential
* Transports materials with a hand truck, company vehicle, and
forklift as needed.
* Maintains cleanliness, organization, and safety standards of
all storage areas.
* Performs other duties as requested.
* Ability to accurately sort, count, and verify items
* Basic understanding of warehouse procedures and safety
* Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and inventory software
used to maintain records, input data, and create reports.
Education and Experience:
* Purchasing experience (2+ years)
* Warehouse experience (2+ years)
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* OSHA Forklift Operators License
* WA state drivers license (Required)
* Must be able to traverse the warehouse and access a variety of
storage spaces and shelving units by stretching, squatting, and
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
* Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and
temperatures both inside and outside of the facility.