Electrical Engineer, Reality Labs
Posted on: January 10, 2022
At Reality Labs, we aim to bring together the brightest
cross-disciplinary minds in one place to deliver on our mission:
build tools that help people feel connected, anytime, anywhere. As
an Electrical Engineer on the VR, AR, Portal, or a New Technology
Team, you will design, build, and test prototype electrical systems
for future consumer experiences within Meta's Family of Products.
You will become part of a team exploring new concepts through fast
iterative prototyping. You will work cross-functionally with teams
that will dynamically change depending on the problem and
potentially include mechanical, optical, firmware, software, and
research experts. We want people who work well in teams, can take a
board definition and implement with electrical schematic and
layout, and can transition these designs into a high-volume
consumer product.We're looking for system or board level Electrical
Engineers with experience in high volume consumer products. These
systems will have custom ASICs, microcontrollers, microprocessors,
FPGAs from simple to large, displays, audio, camera sensors, and
high speed I/O. Familiarity with CAD tools like Cadence OrCAD,
Altium, SPICE, ModelSim, or Xilinx, is required. The ideal
candidate would be comfortable designing mixed high-speed digital
circuit boards, be experienced troubleshooting at the board and
system level, and be familiar with the consumer product development
- Designing, simulating, prototyping, and testing of electrical
systems in experiments which combine mechanics, optics, and
- Collaborating in a team environment across engineering
- Designing schematics, completing board layouts, assembling,
testing, debugging, and integrating designs into electro-mechanical
- Specifying components.
- Transforming vendor reference designs into custom
- Incubating new technologies into high volume production.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Working autonomously and taking initiative to manage
- 5+ years of industry experience along with a BS in Electrical
Engineering or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with schematic and board design using Cadence OrCAD,
Altium or equivalent.
- Experience with use of oscilloscopes, high speed digital test
equipment, logic analyzers, and function generators.
- Experience working with one of these technologies: digital
signal processing, real-time image processing, display engineering,
camera modules, mobile SoC and PMIC, or Battery Management
- Experience leading technical teams, cross-functional groups and
vendors against project plans.
- MS or PHD in Electrical Engineering or Computer
- 8+ years of industry experience.
- Experience with high speed signaling over DP, MIPI, HDMI, and
- Experience with IMUs/sensor physical sensor systems with an
understanding of calibration methods.
- Experience with vision systems.
- Experience with audio.
- Experience programming in languages like Python or C/C++.
- Experience with circuit design in high speed circuits,
Verilog/FPGAs, microcontrollers, microprocessors, firmware, and
programmable logic based development.
- Consumer Electronics experience and/or working within a mass
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community
and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and
services, we're building a different kind of company that connects
billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what
matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business
expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our
global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and
working together to empower people around the world to build
community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help
people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Meta, Redmond , Electrical Engineer, Reality Labs, Professions , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!