Emergency Department Technician - Emergency Services
Company: Pacific Medical Centers
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Swedish Medical Center is looking for an Emergency Department
Technician (0.3 FTE, Night Shift) to work for Emergency Services at
Swedish Redmond, in Redmond, WA.
The Emergency Department Technician is responsible for providing
support to the Emergency Department (ED) Nursing and Licensed
Independent Practitioner (LIP) staff by performing tasks that
assist in the care and treatment of patients with illnesses and
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a
text with additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
In this position you will:
* Provide patient care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse
(RN) or Licensed Independent Practitioner (LIP). Anticipates LIP,
RN, and patient case needs.
* Perform basic patient care such as vital signs, patient hygiene,
mobility assistance, specimen collection, and preparation of
equipment and supplies for procedures.
* Perform approved orthopedic procedures such as plaster splint
applications and other orthopedic splints/devices.
* Perform basic first aid measures, as well as basic wound care,
irrigation, wound prep, and dressing applications.
* Perform basic patient observation skills and reports significant
changes in patient condition to appropriate team member.
Required qualifications for this position include:
* High School Diploma or GED
* Washington State Medical Assistant - Phlebotomist
* Washington State Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC) or Nursing
Assistant Registered (NAR)
* Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required at
time of hire from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military
Training Network (MTN)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
* Training in orthopedic technology
* Two years of Emergency Department experience
About the Redmond Campus.
The new Redmond center encompasses nearly 85,000 square feet of
space on three floors. It has 18 emergency exam rooms, open and
staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week; an advanced diagnostic
imaging center (with X-ray, mammography, ultrasound, CT scan and
MRI), staffed by partners from Seattle Radiology; an on-site
laboratory; and offices for primary- and specialty-care providers.
Swedish/Redmond will immediately treat patients suffering from
stroke to severe lacerations or burns, broken bones, sports
injuries, allergic reactions, food poisoning, work-related injuries
and many other medical emergencies and non-emergencies.
Keywords: Pacific Medical Centers, Redmond , Emergency Department Technician - Emergency Services, Professions , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!