Company: Hilton Garden Inn Redmond Seattle
Posted on: March 11, 2023
Hotel Equities, a multi-award-winning hotel development and
hospitality management company, is currently searching for a
remarkable Chief Engineer for the Hilton Garden Inn Redmond in
Redmond, WA.Job Purpose:The Chief Engineer is responsible for
maintaining the overall operation of the maintenance department and
the appearance and working order of the hotel, and is responsible
for the administration of the company's maintenance and life safety
programs to include purchasing, preventative maintenance, equipment
repairs, hotel security and life safety and supervision of the
maintenance department. Warm, knowledgeable service and helpful
guidance reassure guests they've made the right choice to stay with
- Ensure customer satisfaction at all times, modeling and
adhering to the Guest Service Standards
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of the maintenance
staff department, inspecting work performance to ensure compliance
to procedures, policies and expectations.
- Ensure effective scheduling to achieve both financial
objectives and maintain product quality.
- Monitor budget and control departmental expenses, including
maintenance contracts, utility expenses.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental
operating budget and Capital plans which support the overall
objectives of the hotel
- Ensure compliance with all company, state, local and federal
policies/guidelines pertaining to the maintenance of a clean, safe
environment for associates, guests and vendors.
- Ensure proper operations of the hotel's equipment and systems,
to include life safety, telecommunications, key control, HVAC,
plumbing, mechanical, electrical, power plant, pool, kitchen
equipment, laundry equipment and any other related systems and
- Ensure maintenance request orders are handled in a prompt and
courteous manner including logging and follow up.
- Hire, train, supervise, coach and conduct employee performance
evaluations of department associates.
- Communicate with Assistant General Manager, OM and/or General
Manager on a regular basis regarding the specific and overall
condition of the building structure(s), related systems, and
equipment offering prudent, cost effective proposals for
maintaining these systems.
- Supervise any external contractors who may be employed by the
hotel to carry out maintenance work.
- Adheres to all work rules, procedures and policies established
by the companyQualifications and Requirements:High School diploma
/Secondary qualification or equivalent.At least two (2) years of
hotel maintenance experience.Experience with Hilton processes and
standards.This job requires the ability to perform the following:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary
language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the
associate acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well
as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of all types of mechanical
equipment such as chillers, boilers, water softeners, and
- Must have a thorough knowledge of plumbing and electrical
systems, maintenance of records of power, water and fuel
- Must have experience in office procedures, ordering materials,
securing bids and of city codes and other applicable laws, building
construction, blueprint reading, etc.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing
equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety
and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including,
but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable
state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, Equal Pay Act,
Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, NLRAOther:
- Being passionate about people and service.
- Strong communication skills are essential when interacting with
guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are used often when completing
paperwork, logging issues/complaints/requests/ information updates,
- Basic math skills are used frequently when handling cash or
- Problem-solving, reasoning, motivating, and training abilities
are often used.
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights,
weekends and/or holidaysAmazing Benefits At A Glance:
- Salary based on experience
- Insurance: Medical, dental, vision insurance available for
full-time employees and their family; Short-term and Long-term
Disability Insurance; Supplemental Life Insurance; and Flexible
- Retirement: After 6 months of employment, employees are
eligible to enroll for 401k with up to a 5% company match
- Paid Time Off: Vacation Time - 80 hours on your first 3 years
of service; Sick Time - 1 hour accrued per 30 hours worked
- Paid Holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day,
Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day
- Other benefits: Payactiv- same day pay up to $100 per pay
- Career Growth Opportunities/ Manager Training Program
- Reduced Room Rates throughout the portfolio
- Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
- Hilton Team Member Travel Program (Book Hilton hotels worldwide
starting at $40!)EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYHotel Equities is an
Equal Opportunity Employer, offering employment opportunities to
all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national
origin, citizenship, disability, religion, age, sex, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information, or other classifications
protected by law.Hotel Equities participates in E-Verify, the
federal program for electronic verification of employment
eligibility.All candidates will be required to complete a
pre-employment drug screening and background check.Please note that
this job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all
functions that a Chief Engineer may be asked to perform.
Keywords: Hilton Garden Inn Redmond Seattle, Redmond , Chief Engineer, Professions , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...