DIRECTOR OF QUALITY ASSURANCE - WA
Company: Compass Group USA
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Salary: $93000 - $138,500
Pay Grade: 17
As the leader in business and industry dining, Eurest is the
company to join if you want a rewarding career packed with
limitless opportunities. We feed the employees of the nation's
largest and most-prestigious companiesin every state and across all
industries. As a member of Eurest's leadership and professional
support team, you will help our 16,000 chefs, and in-unit
associates excel as they deliver world-class meals in corporate
cafes and executive dining rooms with on-site catering through
vending innovations and more.
Our company is innovative, high performing and fast growing. Our
teammates are enthusiastic, committed to quality and thrive on
consistently delivering unparalleled results. And did we mention we
work with exciting companies and at interesting locations? Come
grow your career with Eurest.
The Director of Quality Assurance is responsible for establishing
the safety of all QA programs, meeting USDA, FDA and customer
requirements and ensuring the quality and safety of supplied goods.
The Sr. Director of Quality Assurance must have a thorough
knowledge in Preventative Controls for Human Food. A strong
background in food & beverage, manufacturing, quality assurance and
strong understanding of FSMA is a must.
- Leading a team of other QA professionals while establishing
best practices throughout the organization.
- Implements and executes product food safety and quality
programs to support the organization's goals of operational
excellence, customer/client satisfaction, financial performance,
market leadership, and preferred employer.
- Responsible for overseeing the on-going maintenance of the Food
Safety Plan. Must be able to identify deficiencies and implement
- Ensures all HACCP, GMP's, sanitation preventive controls,
supply chain preventive controls and all other prerequisite food
safety standards are met according to USDA, FDA, FSIS, FSMA and
- Must have extensive knowledge of the facilities process flow
and engage personnel in all areas of food safety and quality within
- Oversees the overall Allergen Preventive Controls Program
ensuring accurate allergen labeling on finished food products and
prevention of allergen cross contact.
- Works alongside the Quality Assurance Manager/Team to ensure
complete traceability of incoming raw materials and finished
product while managing lot code tracking.
- Works alongside the Quality Assurance Manager/Team to ensure
labeling programs is accurate in accordance with allergens,
ingredients and nutritional information.
- Oversees all food safety audits conducted by government and
- Responds to customer safety and quality concerns as
- Assists sector/division/region in enforcing safety regulations
- Measures and evaluates effectiveness of safety program, using
established goals and leveraging best practices across the
- Conducts buildings and grounds and/or food facilities surveys
on periodic and regular basis to detect code violations, hazards,
and unsafe work practices and procedures.
- Develops and reviews safety training for unit/sector/division
- Maintains administrative control of records related to safety
and health programs.
- Prepares and disseminates webinars, training, memos, and
- By focusing on the primary objective of associate safety, also
drives improved financial performance by injury reduction
- Maintains required records for Corporate and Division purposes;
weekly tracking of accidents and illnesses and monthly summary
report. Supervision of annual Unit OSHA Logs Form 300 and preparing
Division annual OSHA Summary Form 300A
- Assists unit or self-performs root cause analysis of injuries
to determine prevention techniques.
- Assists claims department working in conjunction with Unit
Managers returning injured workers to light or modified duty
- Analyze Risk Management reports to determine trends and
develops action plans to reduce employee injuries and financial
- Focus on units experiencing increased injury trends and
provides solutions for improvement.
- Utilize financial and worker injury report to determine where
focus should be emphasized. Key Responsibilities (Continued)
- Conducts Safety Inspection/Site visits to ensure that
facilities comply with OSHA and other state and federal standards
through facility inspection. In addition, ensure that the unit is
in compliance with safety and workers compensation procedures.
Provide management with results/recommendations following
inspections. Follow-up on progress.
- Ensure that units have effective "on-going" safety awareness
programs and active safety committees in every unit to promote a
safe work environment.
- Management Training
- Provide training to managers to follow safe work practices and
maintain a safe working environment through training,
presentations, conference calls, and the distribution of safety
- Communicates with the unit, RVP and DP regularly on open
claims. In addition, provides safety status to Sector Senior
Management on a weekly or monthly basis as required. This may
include attending meetings, weekly Divisional conference call and
Monthly Executive meetings. Ongoing communication will assist in
reducing accidents, late claims, and out of work days.
- Ensure that all levels of management receive monthly Safety
Summary reports. These reports will provide Sector Leadership with
trending data and comparisons. Emphasis will be placed on those
units or regions experiencing increasing trends and high
- Employee Training
- Provide in person safety training if required and materials and
support to unit management to initiate ongoing safety training with
associates. This includes: Orientation, Monthly Meeting Topics, and
Annual Refresher Training. In addition, training for those who fail
to follow procedures. Qualifications:
- Minimum of seven years' experience. Ideal candidate will have
at least five years of combined regulatory experience and industry
experience in a dedicated food safety support role.
- Two to three years of direct experience with regulatory
requirements for food establishments.
- Experienced in prepared foods manufacturing a plus.
- HACCP program development and FSMA is a must.
- HACCP certification, Preventive Controls for Human Food (PCQI)
and GFSI auditor certification a must.
- Strong understanding of required third party audit and GFSI
audit scheme programs and standards.
- Working knowledge of food processing and distribution
regulations, i.e. FDA and USDA/FSIS, and industry practice.
- Experience developing and motivating personnel.
- Track record of food safety/QA success in any of the following
focus areas a plus: meat, poultry, seafood, processed foods,
distribution, proprietary/private-label product development and/or
- B.S. degree in food technology, food science, or related
curriculum and/or experience required.
- Ability to function effectively within a fast-paced, diverse
and evolving corporate culture is necessary.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and ability to
learn various software and web-enabled programs.
- Must be a strong, persuasive communicator and coach, with the
ability to relate to other professionals, peers, and field
operators, both technical and non-technical.
- Strong data management, reporting, and technical writing
- Ability to interpret and apply a variety of laws, rules, and
- Ability to make presentations before a variety of groups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, high-volume
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% or more if required
as per business needs.
- Ability to work well with internal and external business
- Minimum of Certified Professional-Food Safety (CP-FS)
credential required; Registered Sanitarian/Environmental Health
Specialist (RS/REHS) or equivalent credential preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge of retail food safety and
- Experience in conducting technical research.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong
reporting and technical writing skills.
- Project management proficiency.
- Ability to engage internal stakeholders across multifunctional
teams through effective communication and compelling
- Intellectual curiosity a must.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated. Apply to Eurest
Eurest is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are
committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on
their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to
race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will
consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those
with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a
manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local
laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the
New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal
history (and driving history) to apply.
Eurest maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associates at Eurest are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1228338
Keywords: Compass Group USA, Redmond , DIRECTOR OF QUALITY ASSURANCE - WA, Professions , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!