Associate EMS Configuration Analyst
Company: Puget Sound Energy
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top
talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award
winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and
innovative future is now.
PSE'sIT Application Solutionsteam is looking for qualified
candidates to fill anopenAssociate EMS Configuration
Specific details regarding the work arrangements for this position
will be discussed in further detail during the interview
Transform your career with PSE, a leader in energy efficiency and
Ready to ignite your career in an electrifying environment? Join
Puget Sound Energy (PSE) and become a driving force in the future
Our award-winning energy efficiency programs have earned us
industry acclaim. Don't miss your opportunity to be part of our
At PSE, your career isn't just a job; it's a dynamic, electrifying
journey. Here's what you can expect:
- Drive innovation: Be at the forefront of the energy revolution,
shaping the future of how we power our communities.
- Award-winning excellence: Join an award-winning team,
recognized for our commitment to sustainability and
- Collaborate with innovators: Work alongside top-tier
professionals, collaborating to create solutions that make a
- Unleash your potential: PSE offers endless opportunities for
professional growth and development, whether you're just starting
your career or an experienced professional.
- Inclusive community: Join a vibrant, inclusive community that
values diversity and welcomes unique perspectives.
PSE is not your ordinary utility company; we're pioneering
innovation, sustainability, and technology.
If you're ready to energize your career and be part of this
transformation, explore our detailed job description below and
- Support and troubleshoot the multi-site, high availability EMS
system, ensuring optimized monitoring and reporting for solid
- Engage with customers, guiding and leading them through
solutions and delivering successful projects.
- Diagnose complex problems, develop and implement solutions in
an Energy Management System environment.
- Support 7x24 real-time control system environments managing the
electric power grid.
- Provide expertise in information systems, operations,
architecture, configuration, or other relevant areas for Energy
Management System implementation.
- Perform detailed system design, write functional and technical
requirements/specs, develop test plans, and apply testing and
quality monitoring procedures.
- Provide guidance to business and functional units in developing
tests, training plans, and materials.
- Drive improved user productivity by developing and implementing
new business processes and systems solutions.
- Contribute to the overall IT strategy, participating in
tactical projects and aligning processes with project
- Monitor other business or technical analysts, ensuring
adherence to project software development methods and
- Facilitate interactive analysis and design sessions with
representatives from business line and functional units.
- Manage interface activities with middleware systems and
processes connecting to core systems.
- Create Centers of Excellence based on best practices and act as
a champion in standards and methodology governance.
- Stay updated with NERC compliance requirements and ensure
- Familiarity with project and software development using ASAP or
- Experience with protocols such as IP, DNP, UDP, TCP,
- Proficiency in Windows XP, Windows Server 2003/2008, MSProject,
Microsoft Office applications, SQL, and email packages.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and
- Familiarity with GE Grid Energy Management System architecture
- Previous coursework or experience in GE Grid Energy Management
- Understanding of one or more component areas relevant to the
- Understanding of one or more of the EMS component areas
relevant to the job.
- Knowledge of systems and/or business analysis design
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong analytical problem-solving, and conceptual
- Must be a "team player" able to work with management in
developing and implementing new processes and enabling systems.
Able to work with end user groups to define application needs and
identify feasible solutions.
- Proactive, self-motivated with the ability to motivate others
and a customer-focused service attitude.
- Good organizational skills, with the ability to meet objectives
and effectively multi-task.
- Ability to work with multiple levels of the organization, both
technical and non-technical
- An analytical approach to problem-solving, coupled with the
ability to conceptualize systems.
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal skills with
an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
Excellent technical writing and system documentation skills.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them
opportunities to excel. We offer a competitive compensation and
The pay range for this position is$65,500.00-$104,000.00, and this
position is eligible for annual goals based incentive bonuses.
PSE offers a suite of benefits to our employees. Employees are
eligible for medical, dental, vision, basic life, and short- and
long-term disability insurance. There are additional voluntary
options of supplemental life insurance, accidental death and
dismemberment insurance, flexible spending accounts for health care
and dependent daycare, and an Employee assistance program (EAP).
For long term savings, PSE offers a 401(k) investment option and a
cash balance retirement plan. Employees will also receive Paid Time
Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays throughout the calendar year.Detailed
benefit overviews can be found on our Career page - .
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they
need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving
Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy
started in 1873. Today we're building the Northwest's energy future
through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs
and our leadership in renewable energy.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment
opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status
or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable
accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential
functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by local,
state or federal law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or
reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please
contact the Human Resources Staffing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Keywords: Puget Sound Energy, Redmond , Associate EMS Configuration Analyst, Professions , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!