CONTRACT - System Engineer - Security (NTD)
Company: Nintendo of America Inc.
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Nintendo Technology Development
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment,
Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets
hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch system and the
Nintendo 3DS family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it
launched the Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo has sold more
than 4.7 billion video games and more than 740 million hardware
units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS
family of systems, as well as the Game Boy, Game Boy Advance,
Nintendo DS family of systems, Super NES, Nintendo 64, Nintendo
GameCube, Wii and Wii U systems. It has also created industry icons
that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey
Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokemon. A wholly owned subsidiary,
Nintendo Technology Development, based in Redmond, Washington,
creates future hardware/software technology and researches North
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
** This is a CONTRACT position
- Develop, modify, and troubleshoot technology systems,
addressing functionality, performance, quality, operations, and
monitoring needs, with an emphasis on internal security.
- Provide security recommendations and best practices to
- Performs security threat analysis to analyze, document
findings, and recommend remediation actions.
- Address vulnerabilities and concerns on systems as well as
responds to zero-day vunlerabilities.
- Performs technical analysis, design and system development on
internal project related tasks of moderate scope and impact using
appropriate technologies to support department objectives.
- Maintains, upgrades, operates, and/or advises team on platform
- Performs security consulting support for internal teams on
project configuration and tools, including cloud-based resources
(private/public/hybrid), virtualization, and
- Provides support for internal security tools for internal
development teams, including exclusions, whitelisting, monitoring,
and identified thread remediation.
- Provides support for deploying patching and system updates to
hardware, including Windows, MacOS, and Linux devices.
- Maintains, upgrades, and operates centralized management for
internal Linux infrastructure.
- Executes and improves vulnerability and resiliency management
programs including patch management, infrastructure testing and
other proactive maintenance tasks.
- Evaluates and assesses available technologies to meet
- Performs incident response and break-fix triage for
infrastructure system issues.
- Creates detailed test scenarios, performs testing and analyzes
- Integrates moderately complex systems with enterprise standards
and enterprise tools.
- Optimizes current infrastructure using industry best
- Conducts security and compliance related scans, remediating
vulnerabilities and other findings.
- Documents all technology changes through appropriate change
- Ensures work complies with established regulations and
- Writes scripts and uses automation to perform moderately
- Increase knowledge base on all aspects related to
- Participates in on-call rotation.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- 2-4 years of related experience in various system development
technologies, patterns, and practices.
- Experience working on problems of moderate scope where analysis
of situations or data requires a review of a variety of
- Requires understanding of core infrastructure concepts such as
networking and storage and how systems interact with them.
- Experience with security and infrastructure management,
including infrastructure management and threat remediation in a
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer
Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology,
Information Systems, Information Engineering, or related field; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
** This is a CONTRACT position
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with
disabilities and protected veterans....valuing
Keywords: Nintendo of America Inc., Redmond , CONTRACT - System Engineer - Security (NTD), Other , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!